Christians with a strong belief in God.

Has there been a time in your life when you are so down and out your faith and religion is what kept you going? Have you ever just thrown yourself at the mercy of God and asked him to keep you together?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:28 PM on Aug. 23, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes. There have been a few times in my life that I have gone through so much pain and suffering that I have just let the Lord carry me.

What is really unexplainable is the fact that those are the times when I felt God's pressence in my life the MOST strongly I have ever felt Him. I mean I always feel Him and hear Him. But it was like He was physically holding me and I could feel it. I just let myself trust Him. It was so comforting. It makes me cry to just remember it right now.

The verse He spoke to my heart that night was "I am holding you by your right hand--I, the LORD your God. And I say to you, `Do not be afraid. I am here to help you." Isaiah 41:13. I just looked at my hand and tried to see His hand holding it. The next day when I woke up there was a bouquet of flowers on my doorstep and the verse on the card was Is. 41:13!

I know the Lord is with me. I trust Him.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 12:35 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• **** Oh, I just wanted to add that the flowers were from a friend, but the fact that she chose that verse was a sign from the Lord. It is an obscure verse, not one of the ones people put on cards! So I know that God put it on her heart to give to me, to show me that He really is with me, holding my hand.

I don't know if you are having a hard time right now, but I will pray for you.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 12:38 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• If I had a nickel for everytime I've felt that way, I'd be able to retire! LOL. But, yeah, just last year, when the pain with my leg was so bad and debilitating, all I could do was cry, I really felt like I was sinking. I knew,as I do now,that God was always there, I just didn't understand why I was having to suffer so. Why,when I'm faithful, love Him, so much, worship Him at every opportunity,and share Him as much as I can, why I had to suffer. I know now. For one thing, it MADE me depend on Him totally. I had no other choice. It also built alot of character for me,and made me much more emphathetic to others and their pain, both physical and emotional. God was able to start working His will in and through my life, since I had no choice but to be still and listen to Him. Had I of not suffered so much, I would not have heard Him, when He called me.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 12:49 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Yes, many times through out my Christian walk, and He has always pulled me through.
    TBandNCmommy

Answer by TBandNCmommy at 1:00 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Yes, yes, yes. I can not explain to you how I ever would have gotten through some things on my own.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 1:06 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• stvmen, thank you for sharing that. It is so true how God uses suffering to teach us to lean on Him. It reminds me of Gen.32 where we see Jacob wrestle with God. It wasn't until God touched the socket of his hip so Jacob had to walk with a limp that he learned to stop fighting God, but to lean on God.

It is tempting to be mad at God when bad things happen. But it is the times of struggle when we learn that God is not our enemy; He is our strength!!!

I have asked the "Why me?" questions too, but then God replied to me "why not you?" Suffering happens to everyone, that is part of living in this world. God's people have no guarantee of a perfect life, but He does guarantee we will not go through it alone. Jesus said, "in this world you will have suffering." God says, When you go through the fire I will be with you.

And in the end it works out for good. I am thankfull for the things I have learned through suffering.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 1:23 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Yes.... yes and yes! What a beautiful place to be, under the shadow of His wings where we find the Kingdom of Heaven! Ahhh yes what a precious place where His Grace and Love pours and helps us through the Valley of the Shadow of Death! God loves so much and He is never ever mad at us! He is GOOD! Mmm taste and see that the LORD IS GOOD! :-)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 3:48 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Yes. And those were the times that God never left me; He stuck like glue and things worked out for the better even thought it seemed the hardest times in my life. What seems hard to us isn't hard for God. He will never let me down; but humans will, and do. <:)))))<<

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:06 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Absolutely , YES!

It isn't religion per se, it is God!
    cnmnancy

Answer by cnmnancy at 10:45 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Answered at 7:45 PM on Aug. 23, 2009 by: cnmnancy
    Absolutely , YES!

It isn't religion per se,
    ~~~
    amen to that!
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 12:18 AM on Aug. 24, 2009