• In the Spotlight:

What table foods are good for an 8 month old that's just learned to mash/chew?

My daughter has been on stage 2 baby food since four months old. She's now learned to mash food, and she can eat Puffs like there's no tomorrow. What kind of small, easily chewed table foods can I give her? She's starting to dislike baby food : /

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 1:06 PM on Aug. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Diced up pieces of what you're eating. Just be sure to try her on each new thing as you have all along.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 1:08 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I agree with TiccledBlue. Whatever you eat, she can eat - just a mini mini version of it.
    My son loved the fool out of mashed potatoes and chicken bits in it. Chicken noodle soup. Sweet potatoes. Steamed carrots... :]
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 1:24 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Mine is 8 months, too. We actually both just got done having baked ziti for lunch! I cut the noodles in 3rds and she gobbles them up. I give her cheerios, waffles, mashed up fruits/veggies, tiny pieces of meat, rice, pasta w/ no sauce (a dab of butter), peas, cooked carrots, etc etc etc. Just offer her your food in tiny portions, she'll love it.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:25 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• oh, and kraft mac-n-cheese is her fave!! :)
    tnm786

• just make sure you dont give her too any added salt or sugar....i make mac and cheese for mine too but i would use the powder cheese its full of juck...use reg chedder instead it works great. and for pasta and breads whole grain is best. but not an always for us cause it can be more expensive
    LadyDahl

Answer by LadyDahl at 2:34 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• wouldnt***
    LadyDahl

Answer by LadyDahl at 2:35 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• blueberries cut in half! my little guy loved them! blueberries are the least allergenic of all the berries, don't try strawberries until after a year.
    abelsmama07

Answer by abelsmama07 at 5:25 PM on Aug. 23, 2009