Texas Teacher to Teach Bible.what do you think?

I think it is great.Of course it will be elective nobody will be forced to hear about it.I kind of like the idea of the ten commandments instead of metal detectors!

GOD BLESS TEXAS!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:28 PM on Aug. 23, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Uh, wait.... youd prefer the ten commandments over metal detectors? Oh Yes, because that will for sure keep delinquent teenagers from bringing guns and knives to school, right..?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:31 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Just one more reason I'm proud to live in Texas! And,anon, if you have nothing more substantial to add to the conversation than that, have a great day!
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 1:34 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I think it's disgusting, I'm glad I don't live in Texas and anyone with half a brain will pull their kids out of schools down there STAT.

Yoshi_Yoshi

Answer by Yoshi_Yoshi at 1:34 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• You should think further out then in the moment 1:31.Over time it could ,at least in some schools,change that problem of needing the detectors to begin with.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:35 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• yeah,,have to agree with anon...what does teaching the bible have to do with metal detectors?
    Anonymous

• Yoshi, so sorry the Word of God is "disgusting" to you. I can tell you for a fact, you are NOT "disgusting" to God! You are precious to him!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:36 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• yoshi--did you fail to comprehend THIS part of the OP's post?

"Of course it will be elective nobody will be forced to hear about it."

Are you also on a mission to close every single House of Worship in your state because you find religious teachings to be "disgusting?!"
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:37 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Ok yoshi why is it you do not feel this should be done again it is elective no child will be forced to join in..but our children are forced to learn about the big bang and all is ok? Why not allow those who would like to learn about creation learn about it? Do you not believe our children cannot listen and then decide for themselves? There are schools already that teach classes about the worlds religions and such...all elective.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 1:38 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I think it's a terrible idea. If I were religious, I wouldn't want someone else teaching my kids the word of God. Look how many people on here misinterpret a simple question asked in English we speak today.
    LolaCherryCola

Answer by LolaCherryCola at 1:38 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• And,anon, if you have nothing more substantial to add to the conversation than that, have a great day!

I'm sorry? I thought my question WAS substantial to the conversation. The OP brought it up, so i'm pointing it out.

Religious people are the most hypocritical people I know.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:39 PM on Aug. 23, 2009