Moving forward or Looking Back?

I thought the Obama Administration was all about "moving forward"? So why do we constantly see them pointing the finger and looking back blaming Bush for all their problems? Did Obama not realize what he was in for? He signed up for this job, so why is he complaining like a whiny little girl?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:37 PM on Aug. 23, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Obama should thank his lucky stars for Bush. Without him he wouldve NEVER won this election, nor would have anyone to blame. I've NEVER in my life seen Bush blame Clinton for the problems he inherited. He took it like a MAN!
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 1:42 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Because that's all they have! There is no "change." The only thing he's changed is his mind! He lied to get into office, and yeah, I know ALL politicians do. You know how you can tell Obama's lying? His lips are moving! I wouldn't believe that man if his tongue was notarized.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 1:38 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Because every time Obama falls short (and he has and will continue to do so), we have to be reminded how bad Bush was. It helps them to keep perspective while not admitting Obama is and will be this country's greatest modern presidential failure since Carter!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:39 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• He likes walking backwards into the future. He can't take the heat of criticism, as displayed by his orchestrating his town hall meetings to make them look civil and largely in support of his efforts. It's a Hollywood White House.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:40 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Bexi,that's because Bush has morals, standards, respect for someone other than himself, belief in God,and as you said, is a MAN!
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 1:43 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Your now proving yourself no different from those whiney Obama supporters. You are whining about them whining, therefore causing them to come out of the woodworks with their comparisons between Bush and Obama. It's a vicious cycle.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:11 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Because he's a politician, they lie to get a job, and then they suck at it.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:12 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Obama has to blame someone for his mistakes because that is what the left wing does. I have never seen a president blame the past president for mistakes made. It is the "poor little me" syndrome that this administration seems to thrive on. Pitiful!
    Scorpio359

Answer by Scorpio359 at 4:01 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Somebody call the wahhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmbulance for this question..I hear the sirens in the background WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH..get over it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:10 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Oh, I dunno - Bush didn't walk in a war on two fronts that is hemorrhaging money, a plan already in the works to start the bailout process, a country that was in a recession that was only officially recognized within the last 8 months, a crappy housing and job market....

If I recall correctly, Clinton, through his and the Congress' efforts, handed Bush a country in the black, no war, no recession, and an overall good feeling.

Do I think Obama needs to own it and move on? Sure, but I think we are seeing the bitterness come out as his admin discovers all the shit that the previous admin either buried or did not deal with. I want to see an end to the blaming Bush, much as he deserves it, but I can see where it stems from.
    LiliM

Answer by LiliM at 6:15 PM on Aug. 23, 2009