Would anyone know why my hair fell out so badly after my baby was born and continued to fall out? It has been 4 years and I am starting to get a bald spot now on the top of my head. Please help.

I have been to two or three doctors asking them why my hair keeps falling out even after 4 years. I had thick beautiful hair and now it is very thin and looks terrible. I am so emotional over this. The doctors have ran so many tests and keep telling me I am fine. They tested my hormone levels and found that actually my testosterone levels were low for a normal woman. What could be wrong?

Asked by Anonymous at 12:57 PM on Jun. 23, 2008 in Health

• Wow!!! It is normal to lose some hair after having a baby, but not 4 years later and that much. I have had some hair loss problems in the past and my hair dresser suggested a product called Mane and really helped me. I hope you have luck with it too. You find it in the pet is not just for horses anymore.LOL

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 12:59 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• It could be stress.Or sometimes it is realted to nutrition too.

Answer by evelynwest at 1:02 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• Have you seen a dermontologist (sp?)? My husband had some hair thinning problems and had to go see one. It is normal after a major event to lose hair up to a year afterwards but after that it indicates a problem we were told. I would go see a specialist.

Answer by purpleducky at 1:05 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• Could be PCOS. Or Poly cystic ovarian syndrom. Another thing that can cause hair loss is Hyperthyroidism. Look up both of them and if you think you may have either call an endocrinologist.

Answer by HadassasMommy at 3:48 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• You can try Arbonne's Thermal Fusion Hair and Scalp Revitalizer. It helps fight DHT - Dihydrotestosterone (DHT) is a metabolite of test-osterone that can destroy the hair follicle. You can fight DHT by blocking it and limiting its production. The right combin-ation of ingredients gives hair the best defense against seen and unseen villains, including time, age, exposure and DHT.
    If you would like to try it let me know and I would be happy to send you a free sample.

Answer by rasbneon at 5:22 PM on Jun. 23, 2008