Have you ever taken your frustration out on your children? Why?

His_Mommy26

Asked by His_Mommy26 at 1:48 PM on Aug. 23, 2009 in General Parenting

• No one is perfect.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 4:42 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Of course, I believe we all have bad days from time to time. Yesterday for me in fact. I just felt horrible all day...physically and mentally sad all day....so of course I was not the peppy playing mom I am on good days.

I try real hard to not feel too bad b/c I am only human. I try hard to keep those days in check and not get angry too quickly...but I have been guilty of that as well. ;)

Mommy is sorry my babies ;(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:55 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Can't say I haven't unfortunately, and I'm certainly not proud for doing so. Life has certainly been crazy this year. As to why....well, I think it has to do with having little to no social support network and having a son who was diagnosed ADHD, and my daughter who just turned a year who has developemental delays and still isn't crawling, walking, or babbling in consonants and still has to eat pureed food because she chokes and pukes on anything that has more texture. I'd say the real reason is stress. My husband works 12 hour days, every Thur, Fri, Saturday, and Weds every other week so it's long days with not much help. Even though the weekends are long 3 and 4 days, every weekend is chalked up with countless doctors appts so we never get to relax. If I had more of a chance to spend time de-stressing I'm sure I would snap at my 5 yr old alot less!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:57 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I do and it's definitely stress. I feel so guilty about it, sometimes even like I don't deserve him.
    His_Mommy26

Answer by His_Mommy26 at 2:20 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Sometimes but I only yell when it happens, I never hit or blame or call him names. What can I say? I'm only human.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:20 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I'm sure I have. I don't hit my little one, but I tend to get loud when I'm frustrated. I feel bad and I give her a big hug and kiss. It's not her fault that mommy's pissed off!!
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 4:06 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Sure have, not proud of it, but they have also taken their frustration out on me. I guess that is what makes us a family, unconditional love. I always make sure that later when I am calm I explain what happened with my kids so they understand that it was me, not them. I have never hit my children in anger if that is what the question was.
    wildboyz1994

Answer by wildboyz1994 at 5:14 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I have especially when he was younger and I was going through alot with his father it's almost like I was taking it out on him. I never hit him , called him names or anything but I was just incredibly grouchy towards him and the smallest things would set me off. But now I am doing alot better and if i'm having a bad day or angry about something, even if it's something he did I will walk away from him or go outside for a few minutes and that usually works.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 5:54 PM on Aug. 23, 2009