Can I paint at 33 weeks?

I was wanting to finish getting the nursery together today and have to paint a dresser and a bookshelf. The nursery has 3 windows..if I open all the windows will it be safe for me to paint the furniture? It is too heavy for me to carry downstairs or else I would take it outside. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:48 PM on Aug. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Um I wouldn't suggest painting anything to be honest. I was in the process of moving into a new house during my last few weeks of being pregnant and had my dad paint my house because the fumes really shouldn't be inhaled. My dad wouldn't even let me walk in the room for more than a few seconds...and just because you can't smell the fumes doesn't mean you aren't breathing them in. I would try and find someone else to paint it for you if you can.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:17 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• As long as the windows are open and there is really good air flow through the whole house/apartment you should be fine. I haven't heard anything about not being able to paint while pregnant, they just don't suggest you do it in an inclosed area. Same if you were to dye your hair or get acrilice(sp) nails put on. Just open the windows in the whole place turn a few fans on if possible and keep the air flow decent.
    Jessie1689

Answer by Jessie1689 at 4:56 PM on Aug. 23, 2009