Have a TTC question....plz help

Ok...so I got my period Thursday Aug 20...We are TTC...when would be the best time to "get it on" lol I have read that if you have intercourse every 2-3days it will be more likely to catch the ovulation day...When does ovulation start? Is it something like 2 weeks after your cycle? I never talked to my mother about any of this...easier to find out here lol. Any help would be greatly appreciated :D

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:38 PM on Aug. 23, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Check out fertilityfriend.com they have an online charting program where you can log your basal body temps and tutorials to teach you how to track your fertility signs.
    psugal

Answer by psugal at 2:43 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• really ovulation can occur at any time in cycle. I showed the mucus very often. it's approximately every 2 weeks after your period. Many times I ovulated during my bleeding itself. There is really no cut and dry time that is identical for every woman. That's why a pregnancy is worded to start when our last periods were. Doctors think that we don't know when we conceived cause of not showing or knowing signs or intercourse timings.

Maybe try ovulatiion detector kits? Baby Dust your way Momma!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:45 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• No- ovulation can not occur "any time" in the cycle. That is NOT correct.

A "typical" woman will have some "dry days" after her period, where she wipes and does not see any mucus at all. Then the mucus discharge will build up over a couple of days, ending in days where there is clear stretchy mucus, a lot so that you feel lots of lubrication, your panties may be wet, and it is thin and stretchy- even 3-4 inches when you wipe. After these peak days, there will be a noticable change- where you have no mucus, or only thick, white discharge....

Ovulation usually occurs 2 days before to 2-3 days after the last day of the peak type mucus. Some women have other signs like pain or cramping in the side the ovulates, some a mid-cycle spotting.

Where in your cycle that happens depends on your hormones and the frequency of your periods. Cycles can be every 21-42 days on average, some folks have them less often...

cnmnancy

Answer by cnmnancy at 9:36 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• www.woomb.org

The Billings Ovulation Method, is on-line with some very good basic information about your cycle, and you can view it in many languages
    cnmnancy

Answer by cnmnancy at 9:38 PM on Aug. 23, 2009