did you bleed from your csection incision?

If so how long did it take to stop? Or did you have to go to the doctor to get it taken care of?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:56 PM on Aug. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• NO! If you are bleeding, you need to go to the hospital NOW!!

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 2:57 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• if it's more than three days since you've been home or if bleeding is heavy call your ob. i've had there sections. be careful lifting to not stress that site til your more healed. call your ob the payments for ob predelivery and birth care also include after delivery care up to six or 8 weeks later.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:59 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Anon- She shouldn't be bleeding at all from her incision. She needs to get to the hospital.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 3:01 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• A VERY small amount is normal...but anything other than a few drops should be brought to the attention of your Dr. You really shouldn't be bleeding from your incision after you are home from the hospital. You should call and talk to your Dr's office and tell them exactly what's going on and ask if you need to come in. I know it's the weekend, but they usually have a triage nurse on call to speak to.
    meegan26

Answer by meegan26 at 3:02 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I bled from the very end of my incision. I went to my OB for it twice and she said it wasn't infected, just to continue cleaning it. I would still get to the doctor as soon as you can get an appointment, just to make sure.
    dze527

Answer by dze527 at 3:03 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I bled from my incision quite a bit, I just kept one of the hospital pads over it to absorb the blood.
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 3:57 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• you need to go to the hospital or ur doctor... i hope they told you all of this when you were discharged from the hospital..
    laly87

Answer by laly87 at 9:55 PM on Aug. 23, 2009