Why are some ppl disrespectful to bisexual or gay ppl?

I recently posted a question and I got a lot of positive feedback but there were a few negative feedback responses. There was one certain anonymous person who went totally off the topic and started talking about my friendship with my best friend and how we are probably lovers and we want to do each other. Then she went on to talk badly about my previous marriage and my now fiance. I do not understand why someone has to be so rude just because I don't live the same lifestyle as she does. Can someone please explain to me why some ppl can go from nice Suzy Homemaker to Disrespectful Betty in 2 seconds when they find out someone is bisexual or gay? It's not affecting their lifestyle so what's the issue here?

By the way I would appreciate it if all answers were respectful and not geared off topic...Respect me and I will respect you.

prcd_n_tatd

Asked by prcd_n_tatd at 2:58 PM on Aug. 23, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• The best advice I can give you is to stand your ground against ignorance, and those that are biased. Or close the question by selecting a best answer when you start to get someone in there who is biased, to avoid further unnecessary rude answers. To do that, just re-read the answers, and select one that you feel best explains the answer to your question by clicking the best answer button under their post. You also have the right to delete your question if things get out of hand.

Also be aware, if you feel something is following the CM guidelines because it is a personal attack, slur, or slander (for other examples see cafemom guidelines), then you can click the report this answer button under the answer, and Cafemom will handle the issue and answer.

Otherwise, the best debate, is from someone who has resources to back up their side of the debate. Fight ignorance with facts and knowledge.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 5:52 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Because there so closed mined about everything. They dont understand that it doesnt matter what sex you are you could fall in love with anybody. Man, i feel sorry for their kids, they are just teaching them something to hate other kids in school for and to be judgemental bitches like they are. =P
    CandyMama231

Answer by CandyMama231 at 3:00 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Misery loves company! Honestly, I don't know. Some people are just plain hateful and look for any excuse to be hateful to others. Maybe they had a bad childhood, maybe they're going through tough times. There really is no excuse for it.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 3:01 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Thank Jesus
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:02 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• For the same reason why there are so many people disrespctful towards Christians

OR MAYBE THE SAME REASON WHY THERE ARE SO MANY PEOPLE WHO ARE RESPECTFUL TOWARDS GAY AND BISEXUAL PEOPLE

WHY DO YOU LET THE MINORITY FEW GET TO YOU? WHY NOT CONCETRATE ON THE MAJORITY THAT WERE RESPECTFUL?

Anonymous

• I agree. There is no excuse for such behavior. We are all adults here. I will admit I did fly off a little with her answers but she was attacking me personally. I stood my ground.
    prcd_n_tatd

Answer by prcd_n_tatd at 3:02 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• one or two don't make up the norm.

why do let what others say have power over you?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:03 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I was focused on the majority until she started talking about my relationship and friendship which was none of her business. She could have gone about it in a respectful manner
    prcd_n_tatd

Answer by prcd_n_tatd at 3:03 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• ah you let one apple ruin it for you? don't give her so much power
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:04 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Disrespect is the same in any language as is being offending by it. I was offended. When your offended sometimes you say something about it as did I but I still do not understand why she felt the need to be disrespectful.
    prcd_n_tatd

Answer by prcd_n_tatd at 3:05 PM on Aug. 23, 2009