Why is my Seven yr old nephew Drooling all over himself?

Recently my seven year old nephew has started drooling ALL over himself and spitting EVERYWHERE. Couch, carpet, etc. Nothing is safe. We know he can control it because he doesn't do it in places like school... Anyone ever encounter this issue with a youngster????

duckybubbles918

Asked by duckybubbles918 at 2:59 PM on Aug. 23, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I have never expierenced this but it sounds like he want's attention. Does his parents seem to mine? Sounds like some discipline of some sort is needed. I have a 7 year old boy and he knows better by far. Does he have a problem of some sort?
    mommyqua

Answer by mommyqua at 3:42 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• sorry for the sp!
    mommyqua

Answer by mommyqua at 3:43 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• If you know it's on purpose I'd suggest to his parents in making him wear a bib.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:01 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• If it's being done on purpose (obviously if he can control it at school but not home it's on purpose) he needs to be disciplined over it.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 5:58 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• No way, if we did, I think we would take them to see a counselor, sorry but this is not normal at all.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 11:08 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I would think it was for attention, and then I would try talking to him about it, and then discipline.' But maybe, just maybe, it is due to an allergy or a sore throat or something where he is having a hard time swallowing. Also, maybe he does do it a school? How do you know he doesnt? If he does do it there, I would talk to his doctor.
    kiki2780

Answer by kiki2780 at 12:17 AM on Aug. 24, 2009