I'm 40 weeks And never had a contraction or Braxton hicks?

Is that normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:14 PM on Aug. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• well chances are you have had a BH or two and just didnt notice they dont normally hurt and you can barely tell when your getting them and you shouldnt get a contraction unless the baby is coming so yes thats normal
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:15 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• yeah you are fine, its not the same for every woman. some of us are "lucky" and get lots of Braxton Hicks (me, and I'm 36 weeks), some never feel anything until labor. As long as everything else is good you shouldn't worry about it.
    joshuasmommy327

Answer by joshuasmommy327 at 5:12 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Totally normal...you know, your not "over due" until you hit 42 weeks anyways so the best thing you could do is try not to stress out over it and just relax and wait on your baby to come, I know its been said a thousand times, but your baby will come when he/she is ready and sometimes babys just need a little bit longer in the oven!
    jlizgar

Answer by jlizgar at 10:40 AM on Aug. 24, 2009