my mother in law is sneaky! any advice?

so recently i overheard a convo between my MIL and my hubby. his highschool reunion is next year and his mom works at the highschool. so she was out of town for a teachin thing and ended up staying at my hubbys high school girlfriends house! THEN she invites her to his reunion cuz she doesnt think we will still be together! THEN!! she gave her his number to call him to convince him to leave me and our 2 boys (2yrs & 6m)! until then my MIL has been nothing but nice to me, even when my hubs cheated and i forgave him! now im soo confused what to do! he didnt even stand up fror me when she said the things she said!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:23 PM on Aug. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• WOW WOW........Honestly, you either need to let him go or tell mama to get out of your life if she can't accept the fact that you two will be together. If he doesn't support that, cut him loose. That kinda crap is not worth your hurt and pain. My EX (monster in laws) were the same way. I wasted five years trying to get that crap to stop. You notice i said "wasted". Focus on your husband and get to therapy to see if you two can become stronger so he'll support you and defend you against her antics. GL

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 3:28 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• confront them both
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 3:31 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• oh WOW... woW!!!!! I'd get the bi...... and the sob together in once place and confront them both at once with WTF?????!!!!

have plans in place with a trusted friend or another family member to help you kick out the creep.

sorry but that's just horrible!!!! stay strong. don't go into counselling. get an answer from both of them and tell them effective immediately a separation is in order and he can live with mommy while your kids grow up without a sob father and a b- grandmother. omfg I can hardly breathe reading this. I am so SORRY!!!!! Stay strong mommy, stay strong.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:31 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• IM A 100% WITH ANON 3:31 i'LL PRAY FOR YOU BE STRONG DO WHATS RIGHT!
    toledoohiomom

Answer by toledoohiomom at 3:42 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I guess you have your hands full! I would talk to both of them at the same time! I am sorry you have to deal with a witch like this, but remember you get more flies with honey than vinegar!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 3:45 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Just wondering who gave out all this information. I can't imagine that it was your husband. If it was the mother-in-law, her motive to get you all torn up has worked to perfection. If it was the ex-girlfriend, ditto. As for your husband's not defending you, how many men do you know who are going to look their own mothers in the eye and tell them they are low-lifed scumbags? I say you cut him some slack and let the other two women have their fun. It will be very short lived if they see you are not bothered at all by them. By getting all worked up, you are giving them exactly what they want. I wouldn't give them the satisfaction.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:55 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Maybe mil knows something you don't about his plans for the near future. It sounds like you need to ask him wtf?

Answer by admckenzie at 5:03 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I agree with admckenzie.
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 6:24 PM on Aug. 23, 2009