What do you think is the best present to give someone when they are in the hospital just having a baby?

My friend is schedueled to be induced tomorrow. I would like to get her something for her new baby girl and a little something for her too. Preferably something not too expensive. What would you give to a friend?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:27 PM on Aug. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Offer to get the novelty "birth certificate" (the one that is pretty & just for show - hospitals have them for like $5-10) but only if they haven't already gotten one. Balloons are just a clutter to take home (I haven't had a baby yet, but I've been in the hospital & they are just a pain to drag along when you're leaving). The novelty birth certificate is great. Or get a pretty frame for their first picture. Something with more meaning than flowers & stuff, but that will last longer than a bib, ya know? Also, bring food, something special that she really likes (eg: starbucks, curly fries, etc).
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 4:52 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• a big balloon or teddy bear something like that
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:36 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• a bottle of vodka!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:14 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Flowers for mom! :) And possibly a glove with some ice inside. :(
    withroses

Answer by withroses at 4:19 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Bring her some food ....hospital food is the worst plus they starve you while you're in labor. For baby, a cute outfit or some bibs and socks.
    Kimposible

Answer by Kimposible at 4:37 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• My fave thing to get was magazines, and ice coffee!!!!! I am not a huge fan of getting stuffed animals and balloons.
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 4:41 PM on Aug. 23, 2009