teasty boyssss

my 17 month old son tests me like you wouldnt believe. the only way he will listen to 'no' is if i yell it in a mean voice =/ i hate doing that but its the only way. & be will constantly keep eye contact with my & try to do something he knows he isnt allowed to. sometimes he laughes at me when i yell at him or othertimes he will tell me no back. its cute in a way but i feel like he isnt learning or doesnt take me seriously. help!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:49 PM on Aug. 23, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• what i do with my daughter he is 16 months I put her in time out in her play pin or her crib. don't always say no to everything try time out and also try useing other word instead of no like " don't do that please" or " thats mommy and daddy's"
    MarissaDavis29

Answer by MarissaDavis29 at 3:54 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• op here. i do use the other words like you say. i say 'dont touch, get down, turn around' ect. i just dont want him to go to time out in his crib & him to think of his crib as a bad palce. i just feel he might not sleep well anylonger if i do this. ya know?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:58 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• my litte one does that too,like climbing on the table,i tell her no i take her down and i pat her butt,not hard just enough to hurt her feelings,but she doesnt care,she used to get her feelings hurt and cry but now she doesnt.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 6:10 PM on Aug. 23, 2009