teeth brushing

can anyone help ... i have a 4 yr. old who hates to brush her teeth.. any help would be so much appreciated. Thankyou!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:49 PM on Aug. 23, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• What kind of tooth brush does she have? Take her to walmart and let her pick out a character spin brush. My 5 yr old has spider man. Let her pick out the color mouth wash she wants. Do you have any fillings in your mouth? If so, show her what happens when she doesn't brush her teeth. GL

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 3:54 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Oh my gosh, I have a 3 year old boy that HATES to brush his teeth, hates to have me do it, won't let his brother help. I have let him pick out his own toothbrush, his own toothpaste, rinse and it doesn't matter. I let him do it first and then ask if I can help him it's a FIGHT every night. Any suggestions on how to make it fun? I've tried showing him my fillings and he was at the dentist the other day with me when his brother was getting a filling...still doesn't matter. UGH.....
    lissa27504

Answer by lissa27504 at 4:44 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I have to do my 3 year old back teeth with a fight, but If I brush my teeth at the same time, he will brush his basically like I brush mine.
    coutterhill

Answer by coutterhill at 7:58 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• What I do is I send my DD into the bathroom to brush her teeth, and I tell my DS to go and brush his teeth. At this point he does everything his sister does so I really play on the sibling rivalry here. When my DD is done I have her bring her toothbrush out to me so that I can brush again (this time without toothpaste) ans I lay her head in my lap and I brush her molars. Since my son is monkey see, monkey do,he comes out and does the same.I work in a pediatric dental office so me brushing my kids' teeth while they are laying down is easier for me since I clean kids teeth in this position all day. When you take her to the dentist have the dentist or the dental assistant/hygienist give her the "lecture",which involves the dental professional telling your DD that "mommy should be brushing your teeth because there are a lot of teeth back there that you can't reach". Also tell her that she doesn't want sugar bugs to bite her teeth.
    vgmomof2grtkds

Answer by vgmomof2grtkds at 8:09 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Make it fun.. Let her pick out a fun toothbrush and her favorite toothpaste and then make a game out of it.

Other than that I don't really have much advice to offer , sorry my son is in the bathroom brushing his teeth for the second time tonight because he had a sip of water LOL. He would brush his teeth a millions time a day. But the above is what I do, when it's time to replace his toothbrush he gets to pick it out same with his toothpaste and we also have one of those little hourglass sand timer things that he will set up and brush his teeth with.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 8:44 PM on Aug. 23, 2009