What should i do? Should i look for another job or just stick it out?

To make a long story short there has been a big switch at work. I have been working with a really nice girl with whom I consider a great friend. Well she has been switched to a different office its ajoining to mine but she was right behind my desk. (We are secretaries) The lady that is replacing her desk is loud annoying obnoxious and very difficult to deal with. Always telling me how to do things i know how to do and generally micro managing me. I like my job but I can't stand this other woman who is now right behind my desk. I work part time 8 to 1230 (will be working more this winter) the lady i don't like works 8 to 430. and my friend works 930 to 6. Should i just wait it out or should i try to find something else. I have worked here for a year. What would you do?

threeboysmama

Asked by threeboysmama at 4:15 PM on Aug. 23, 2009 in Money & Work

• stay there, its so hard to find a job right now- it would be stupid to leave a job you already have right now.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:17 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Stay. Try to shrug to yourself or even make a silent joke about. Being very careful to not let on that that's what you are doing. Be carefully polite. Meet your friend for lunch or coffee so you keep in touch.

Answer by Bmat at 4:19 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• as hard as it is just ignore her, is she want's to tell you how to do your job just keep doing what you were doing and pretend she is not there eventually she will feel stupid and get the point. Good luck and God Bless
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 4:30 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• thanks girls!
    threeboysmama

Answer by threeboysmama at 4:32 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• honestly I will tell you this I have worked with people like that and they end up leaving or being let go anyways so i would wait it out.. I have had to do that at my job before, had a lady working with me which in my field there isnt alot of woman to being with, its the first other woman thats been here, she would call 15 min before she was gonna be here and say she wasnt coming cause its snowed, and my job we work 8s and then someone else comes in if the next person doesnt show u have to stay 4 hours and call the person after that to come in 4 hours early.. she would say how i needed to do things and i been doing this job for 2 years she had been there a month..
    so guess my point is she does not have to be ur friend, just coworker.. i would stick with it..
    miss_nevin

Answer by miss_nevin at 4:34 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I would stay and just politely tell her to mind her own business, that you have a job to do.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 5:05 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Try to stick it out a bit longer and see how it goes. Have you ever thought about working from home? I recently started working from home and I must say I really enjoy doing what I do. I work with a great team of Moms who offer awesome support. We help people create income from home. No parties, No inventory, No MLM! Just A SAFE, SIMPLE, SENSIBLE, and SOLID… NO-RISK HOME BUSINESS.
    I'd love to tell you more about our team and introduce you to the business if you're interested.
    Erika

Visit me at:
    www.4MyFamilyandMe.com
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 5:58 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I would start a stealth job search. Update your Linkedin profile, get your resume in shape, start going to networking events.

I do career & job search coaching. I am always happy to help cafemoms (and dads) with resumes, cover letters, job search strategy & interview preparation. Feel free to contact me directly –Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 9:19 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Stay where you are. It is hard to find jobs right now. Just hang in there. Try to ignore this other woman, just smile and say something like, "yes your right, I already know that, that's the way I do it too".
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 10:22 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I would stay because jobs are very scarce at this time. Learn to ignore this lady, do your job the way you have been and don't worry about her. Worry about yourself, that is what is most important.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:40 PM on Aug. 23, 2009