Pink discharge at 10 weeks!!!

I've already talked to my Dr about this, but I wanted to hear from some of you and see if anyone might have had a similar situation. I guess I want to put my mind at ease more than anything else.

I noticed a dark pink discharge (Very little in amount and only present when I wipe) afer urinating. I called the Dr and he asked if I had sex, but it has been 48 hours and I'm not cramping either. Doc said if it was from sex, that it should have started before this. He said as long as it doesn't get heavier and there is no painful cramping that I'm ok for tonight. He said I should take it easy and that it should stop by tomorrow morning. If not he told me to come to his office to get checked out. I'm just wondering if maybe anyone has had a similar experience. I know that IB happens alot, but it is usually closer to 5-6 weeks and I'm 10 weeks and 2 days. Any advise?

spierani

Asked by spierani at 4:23 PM on Aug. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Pink is normal. Sometimes it's coming from your cervix as your uterus expands. I didn't spot at all with my first pregnancy, but spotted a lot around that time with my second.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:29 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I also had pink discharge at ten weeks, but mine was from a subchorionic bleed--a small hematoma that developed when my placenta implanted into my uterus. It scared the crap out of me, but my doctor said it was normal and as long as it wasn't red I was fine.

Hope that helps! Good luck to you:)
    aniyabel

Answer by aniyabel at 9:53 PM on Aug. 24, 2009