how are you coping with bedrest?

I think I'll be starting bedrest at 16 weeks, for the duration. I'm 17 weeks today, and I have an OB appt tomorrow.

withroses

Asked by withroses at 4:32 PM on Aug. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'm doing alright with it. It's kind of boring at first, but you'll get used to it. Of course i wish i wasn't on bedrest, but it will help the baby be healthy. Just try to think of your baby while you're going through it, because it really helps.
    Nikki.West

Answer by Nikki.West at 5:15 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I was on bed rest with both of my pregnancies. The first time it was easier because I didnt have any other children that I had to entertain. Like the PP said it is boring at first, but you will get used to it. If the dr orders bed rest there is a reason for it and the baby will be better off in the end. With my second pregnancy I was having twins and spend most of my bed rest in the hospital..which SUCKS! (I was in the hospital in a different city, my child was having to stay with my grandmother because me and his dad was divorced and he wasnt allowed to have him at that time, court ordered.) If you have a desk top computer, have someone move it near your bed, that way you can lay in the bed and still be able to contact the outside world. The sofa or a recliner in the family room can serve as your bed a few times a week for a change of scenery. Most of all just remember - Its all for the baby! And GOOD LUCK.
    t_06_twins

Answer by t_06_twins at 5:24 PM on Aug. 23, 2009