your baby can read?

Im thinking of buying this for 3 month old (not right now but in the future) and was wondering if any of you have tried it. my little girl is very alert and loves to watch the tv, so i figure if shes watching something that might teach her to read then its a win win! has it worked for you?

buttercup33

Asked by buttercup33 at 4:47 PM on Aug. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i've heard its a waste of mony....and that you can make all of the stuff yourself and not pay all the money
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:56 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I have heard it was a waste too. Just read and teach your child yourself. I read to my son and befor ehe could talk he could point out shapes and colors. By 2 he was recognizing the ABCs on his own . You could hold up flash cards and he would tell you the letter and a word that started with it .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:02 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• We have it and the baby loves it. Been watching since he could sit in his walker. It comes with notecards with the words that coincide with the videos. Was expensive. However....if you do the actions, word cards, etc....we feel they get it. My son is 1 now. And around 9 or 10 months after watching it a few months once, sometimes twice a day, put his "arms up". When he hears Head Shoulders Knees and Toes song he now points to some of those body parts. But we reinforce things daily. I am a SAHM now, making it easier to ask him where is his ear, or his tongue, etc. He does not really watch tv when it's on, but knows that is his tv show. It's not going to make them a genius, but we felt it was something beneficial for him and our next son to grow with. When I go home for visits to my parents my 3 year old nephew loved it as well. He sat with my niece and son and showed them the motions and body parts, adorable.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 5:06 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I was given the program, and it's a good program. I wouldn't buy it personally, just because I don't have that much money to spend on something like it (I would make my own flash cards and reinforce words like the program does on my own). But since we have it I use it, and it's done well for my son.
    joshuasmommy327

Answer by joshuasmommy327 at 5:15 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I looked it up and it is expensive! so i found it on u tube! my little girl watched it for a long time! i think im going top make my own "program" to go with it
    buttercup33

Answer by buttercup33 at 10:01 PM on Aug. 23, 2009