do you find yourself judging...

people who smoke with their babies right next to them? like holding them or their in the stroller and the parents are just smoking? i feel like i just want to take those babies home! i know it's probably fine, but i cant stop myself from looking disgusted. my heart beats really fast and i feel sad.i dont want to judge, but i do. do you feel this way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:23 PM on Aug. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I do feel the same way. And not its not "probably fine". Those children are at an increased risk of multiple health problems due to their parents ignorance and negligence.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 5:24 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I'm sorry, that should have said "no its not"
    CarolynBarnett

• ALL the TIME!!!! you are not alone. Do not understand why the moms ego need for a puff is stronger than her wiggling kids' safety is.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:25 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• o get off it! no smoking in my house or my car but ive pushed my baby in her stroller and smoked never while holding her but when pushing the stroller i have, and she is perfectly fine!
    peytonJJ27

Answer by peytonJJ27 at 5:31 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• i know that its probably fine in a stroller...i guess, but i cant help judging...i dont mean to im sure you are a great parent, but not to me in that moment
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:33 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• You know why judge, none of us are perfect parents and if you think you are, really you are not, most of us try our hardest and do our best but we all make mistakes, some people might smoke, others might let there kids run around with there snot haning all the way into there mouth, some might feed to much sugar, some don't dress there kids worm enough when it's cold etc. etc. the point is were not perfect you might be judging someone for smoking and not see the mistakes your doing that are not good for your kids, it's life we should spend every minute making our lifes better for us and our kids instead of wasting the time judging others.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 5:38 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• i smoke. i want to quit so bad not only for my health, but because i dont want my children to become smokers and i know their much more likley too if i continue to smoke. my son is only 3 months right now, so hes not old enough to know what ciggs are yet obviously and i WILL quit before he is. i never ever smoke in the house or my car, if i take him out to the park or something and i want to smoke and hes in his stroller, i will walk a good 10 ft or so away from him. i just always make sure that no smoke is going anywhere near him, but i cant say that i only smoke when my moms baby sitting or something yano. but when were home and i smoke, i having a smoking and non smoking shirt, i wash my hands and mouthwash after smoking because i dont want him breathing ANYTHING in. i still feel guilty. buts its really hard to quit, especially right now when im stuck in my house all the time and trying to loose weight.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 5:40 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• It pisses me off to no end when I see a parent holding a child with a damn cigarette in their hand. I just want to walk up to them and spank a bit of sense into them. I mean really, if you want to smoke then go ahead but don't sit there and expose your child to it. What pisses me off even more is when someone is near my child where my kid can't go anywhere and lights up a cigarette and blows the smoke right at him I mean c'mon have a bit of respect ya know.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 5:47 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• looovemybabies , I understand the point you are trying to make but in reality the "mistakes" that you mention we make as parents aren't going to harm a child and possibly make him sick whereas smoking with your child in your arms is not only a hazard because of the child inhaling the smoke (Which I mean c'mon should be good enough reason not to do it anyway) but the child can also get burned by the cigarette or ashes can get into their eyes and hurt their eyes (It doesn't feel good believe me.)
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 5:48 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I do make a good point Kalebsmommee. what I was trying to get across is if we spend out time getting mad about other people mistakes, is a waste of time, cuz you can't change them. And people that don't dress there kids properly when it's cold outside is bad for the kids cuz they can get really sick and sometimes even die, and there are Lot's other "mistakes" out there that people do that are not good for there kids besides smoking, like doing drugs in there presence, cooking drugs, having loaded guns around the house etc. really it's a never ending list, we can't change people so we should just worry about our own children and make sure they are safe, just my opinion

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 5:58 PM on Aug. 23, 2009