Has anyone ever...

gotten pregnant after having unprotected sex just a few days before their period arrived? Mine's about 4 days away (approx) and I had unprotected sex yesterday (twice) and am just curious to know the odds. I guess I'll find out one way or the other.

Up until now, we've been using the pull out method or VCF. I figured cuz I was so close to my period, it was safe. I'm not really ready to get preggers yet, but kinda hope for it.

geminigirl18

Asked by geminigirl18 at 5:51 PM on Aug. 23, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• "Mucus" appearing just before or during your period is actually most likely endometrial endothelial cells, not true "mucus".

Withdrawal is actually as effective as using condoms.

If the original poster who asked the question has no mucus for the few days prior to intercourse, there will most likely not be a baby resulting! Sperm need mucus to travel into the uterus and to journey on up to the tube, (and perhaps hang out a few days). Without mucus, sperm do not live very long and can't get to where they need to be
    cnmnancy

Answer by cnmnancy at 9:23 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• sorry, ovulation can happen at any any time at all even during periods. I know cause I always gave off the clear sticky mucus even during my periods alot of times. Who's ever absolutely ready though? Blessings for your family, big or small.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:58 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I thank you for your blessings. Like you mentioned about the mucus/discharge stuff, I've been experiencing that a lot lately. I've been experiencing mild cramps too telling me my period's right around the corner. My period's been cooky lately so I have no idea what to expect.
    geminigirl18

Answer by geminigirl18 at 6:54 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• The "pull out" method, is not very effective.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:21 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I'm not really that concerned about it working really. If I get preg, I won't be disappointed. If I really didn't want to get preg I would've remained on the pill.
    geminigirl18

Answer by geminigirl18 at 8:31 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I have been experiencing the mucus just a few days before intercourse-everyday up until the act.

Thanx for the input cnmnancy. I couldn't remember the exact details. I learned about it in one of my bio classes in school, but that was about a year ago now. That's part of the reason I posted this question. I appreciate your info.
    geminigirl18

Answer by geminigirl18 at 2:25 PM on Aug. 25, 2009