Anyone else find out they had to be induced

and felt that the suprise of the babies birthday went down the drains-
I wish I wouldnt have found out the sex now-because I feel there is NO suprise left in anything.
It makes me want to cry :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:55 PM on Aug. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• what do you mean? its not like you picked out the sex and birthdate, so its still really a suprise to you.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 5:57 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Your right in a way I guess, but really- I wanted my water to break and be like OMG-this is it, today is the day!!!
    not its going into the hospital KNOWING there gonna make him come, and just do it all...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:59 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Don't worry about it. I had to be induced with my first child and my third child. Although the surprise was a little taken away you never know what is going to happen during labor. You could be induced on day and have the baby on another day.

Just try to relax and enjoy everything as much as possible! Good Luck
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 5:59 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• My daughter was induced 3 years ago. I was personally happy to have someone else break my water. But by that time I was ready to have her so knowing she was coming 4 days early made me just as happy as if she came on Thanksgiving when she was do! Don't think about it just think of holding your baby!
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 6:02 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I understand and I'm sorry you're sad :(, I was induced b/c I got precalampsia in the last month of my pregnancy,(it's something preg. women can get) soooooo and I was dialated to a 3 for 3 weeks before being induced, it should had been done sooner, so at one of my doctor's visits he sends me to the hospital to induce me, on the one day of the month I didn't want! I begged to wait for 1 more day, it had already been 3 weeks why not 1 day?????????????? I was bummed that my daughter had to share her birthday with my ex and my aunt in law!!!!!!!!!!!!
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 6:10 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I was induced over two weeks past my due date. we didn't know sex until birth. mommy, listen up birth the birth the second minutes hours of birth are just exciting themselves - wait until you see that baby. Sometimes moms don't see babies for a good while later but there is still that time of first seeing what YOU GREW WITH YOUR PARTNER!!!!

You've not cooking a cake or buying a dog. You're making a baby!!!! It'll be ok. Don't worry about bonding. Just look again and later, look again - look at the life that YOU and partner MADE from one physical act. Touch toes, touch bottom of toes - the fingernails ... wisps of hair, baby's lips and sighs. Just look, take your time. Think who made you? It amazed me that my body grew my babies. How can that be?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:16 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• So far, i've had 2 inductions and i'm probably going to end up with my third induction. For some reason my babies love staying inside me. but don't worry you still have the surprise of seeing your baby for the first time, holding her/him and feeding her/him. Yes it sucks to know when you're going to have a baby but it's still special in different ways, don't cry be happy.
    2006mommie

Answer by 2006mommie at 6:35 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• It can still be a surprise, I was induced on a thursday and didn't have the baby until sunday (via c-section which I did NOT want), I totally understand how you feel though, and I still feel like a failure because : 1 - I had to be induced, 2 - I had to have a c-section, 3 - I couldn't hold the baby right away, on and on. If you need to chat PM me, I totally understand.
    finallyamom40

Answer by finallyamom40 at 6:48 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I'll tell ya. Being a mom is learning that things just will not go as you plan. (Maybe on occasion, but just don't count on it.)
    It doesn't mean that it's always a bad thing~ no, just a curve ball, a challenge, an unforeseen obstacle.
    I am finding that I keep having to let go and not try to control everything, it's not always within my power!! ;-P

So, is this induction something that you may opt out of?
    I thought I *had* to be induced because my water had ruptured days earlier, but that was wrong.
    Again, the things we learn along the way!!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 7:36 PM on Aug. 23, 2009