Why is bacon so painful to fry?

lol i just got done frying some and it got burnt alot. Its so painful to make but sooooo good once its done!

CandyMama231

Asked by CandyMama231 at 6:11 PM on Aug. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• thats why!! its because its so delicious that you have to have pain in order to eat it. lol.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 6:17 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• LOL I have never burtn myself making it .
    IDK why either everyone i know does. i guess Im just lucky
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:18 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• best way to to cook bacon, you know those double roasting type pans, you just lay the bacon out on the top part and stick it in the oven that way all the fat drains in the pan below and it's crispy and good and not mess, it don't take long for it to cook either.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 6:18 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• cookie sheet, 450, about 8-10 minutes, depending how much you do. Barring that, stop frying it topless.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:43 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I wasnt topless, i do have a tank top on that shows half of my pregnant belly haha! That woulda been 1 hell of a sexy bacon fry though if i did it topless! lmao!! =P
    CandyMama231

Answer by CandyMama231 at 6:44 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• get u a 10 foot spatula and flip it from across the kitchen...or even better just use cooking mits
    prcd_n_tatd

Answer by prcd_n_tatd at 6:55 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• microwave em...um the bacon not your boobs.
    Darlinree

Answer by Darlinree at 7:12 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• NEXT time, stick it in a 400 degree oven on a cookie sheet lined with foil. Keep an eye on it so it doesn't get burnt, but you can a) cook more at one time, b) you don't get splattered on and c) it all stays flat and keeps its shape! Win, win and WIN!

Jenna
    SterlingLegend

Answer by SterlingLegend at 7:21 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I see the cooks on TV doing the oven method, but doesn't the grease pop all over the oven?

I have a round screen thingie that I put over my skillet, it lets moisture out but traps the grease from the bacon. I've also put some paper towels on a microwave safe plate, put bacon slices on the towels, cover with a few more paper towels, and microwave. Only thing it, it isn't very environmentally reasonable- all of those paper towels.

Answer by Bmat at 7:21 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• make sure the pan is really hot before putting on, put a few drops of water and if that sizzles then it is hot!.. then cook on med turning every min or so. I cook the full pound I don't lay them straight I just throw them in the pan, and it always comes on nice a crispy not burnt. anyways just turn, turn, turn.. good bacon should take about 15 mins to make..med heat say close and turn!!> Hope this helps.
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 7:52 PM on Aug. 23, 2009