What to with a Fever???

I have a 3 year old that seems to spike a fever lately.. She has been getting headaches lately also.. I have taken her into the Dr office and all they say is a bug.. She has done this now about 3 times in the past couple months.. Can she still have the bug or is she just getting everything that is in the air?? She only goes to daycare 2 times a week and they haven't had nothing that was reported that it....

dmkjford

Asked by dmkjford at 6:32 PM on Aug. 23, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Well, she might be relapsing if her immune system is down. How high is the fever and are there any other symptoms accompanying it? Virus can last two weeks. Did you ask the doc about the headaches? To me that would be the fever. Hmmm...I'd keep a journal of what is going on and if she doesn't improve, get back to the doc again.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:58 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I'd be pushing for them to do more.. headaches with fever scare me (bad history with my son) How high does her fever spike?
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 7:47 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• and also does it go down when you give her medicine for it?
    KalebsMommee

• This time we have caught them at 101.5 abd keep given her Motrin every 6 hours... It goes down but by 6 hours hours it's coming back. 2 weeks ago this happened and 1st it was her head and then the fever came it was 103 and the mortrin wouldn't do nothing. The Dr said just a bug and to not be concerned about the headaches... It worries me cause she to little for a stress headache. And if it was just allegies why the fever??
    dmkjford

Answer by dmkjford at 8:17 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Kids are NEVER too young for stress/tension headaches.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 8:34 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• ended up being an UTI that went to her kidneys... She is doing much better now.. She has a couple tests next week at Childrens in mpls to see if there is a reason or just happened..
    dmkjford

Answer by dmkjford at 2:29 PM on Sep. 17, 2009