i've been having a really bad pain on the side of my uterus during sex what could it possibly be?

it hurts so much that i cried and my hubby thought i was dying and i've had it for at least 3 weeks

bmdred

Asked by bmdred at 6:37 PM on Aug. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Likely to be round ligament pain, mama. The ligaments that hold your uterus in place stretch with the growth of the baby. It can cause some mild discomfort or sharp pain along the side of your uterus if things shift around.
    asaffell

Answer by asaffell at 6:54 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I had something like that except it was the entire bottom part of my abdomen. I asked my doctor and she told me it was a contraction. I only got it while I was on top and my whole stomach would get hard with it. The pain was so bad I'd scream.
    Does your stomach get hard with it? It could be a contraction or like PPer said, round ligament pain. Try out different positions and see which is more comfortable for you.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 6:59 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• yes it is mostly when he penetrates deep, it totally kills me
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 7:06 PM on Aug. 23, 2009