What are good mostly veggie meals?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:49 PM on Aug. 23, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Add veggie meatballs (buy them prepackaged or veggie ground round) and add them to spaghetti and it's good!

jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:51 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I LOVE a good veggie (usually spinach based) lasagna

also ratatouille in crockpot low and slow all day
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 6:51 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• And u can just do a huge grill fest too! There's so, SO many veggies that taste even better on the grill. corn on the cob, of course.... we love to cut potatoes into cubes and pack them into foil pouches w/ EVOO or a pat of butter and just about any seasoning on the planet you prefer. Eggplant is lovely grilled.... gosh... grilling makes everything better, lol! Endive too... mmm. just have a best crazy grilled veggie fest night
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 6:54 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I made something very good last night, it took 10 minutes and it was all veggies/legumes. I took a can of black beans, a can of sweet whole kernal corn, some diced onions, and a can of diced tomatoes with chiles. I added my favorite no msg taco seasoning and made some corn bread.
    I also added a tiny piece of jalepeno just for the flavor. It was a little spicy, I can't take too much heat, but it was super healthy (2 of the trinity), super fast, and no meat!
    zweedledee

Answer by zweedledee at 6:54 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:38 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• We love to do veggie and bean based meals. Gumbo is good (it does have a little seafood but is mostly veggies), beans and corn bread, bean chili, chefs salad, and if you just want vegetarian, you can do like the Morningstar Farms products. I love the Grillers they make for burgers, and the corn dogs too. Another favorite meal of ours is portobello burgers with grilled asparagus and corn on the cob. To do that you get a large portobello mushroom cap for each person eating, some Montreal steak seasoning, hamburger buns, mozzarella cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, and burger buns as well as a bunch of thin asparagus, and some fresh corn on the cob. Sprinkle your mushrooms with the seasoning and a little olive oil and place on the grill. Grill for a couple minutes each side til marked and soft. Place on the burger bun and use in place of a burger patty. Toss the asparagus with some olive oil and italian seasoning...CONT
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 9:17 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• then grill for a few minutes til it gets tender but still a little crisp. As for the corn, pull the husks down but not off completely. Remove the silks. Place a pat of butter on each ear and wrap the husks back up around the corn. Grill for 20 minutes or so, til the corn is hot on the inside. You can make the burger just like you would any regular burger with mustard or mayo, lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles, anything. It's VERY good.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 9:21 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• noodles with veggies and peanut sauce
    tamale bean pie
    stir-fried veggies and tofu over brown rice
    beans, rice, quesadillas, avocado salad
    veggie chili
    vegetable stew with dumplings
    lentil sloppy joes
    sweet potato and black bean burritos

Let me know if you would like some recipes.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:23 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• pasta primavera, veggie chili, veggie quesadillas
    deadheadjen

Answer by deadheadjen at 12:24 PM on Aug. 24, 2009