Has anyone ever taken melatonin while pregnant?

zimmtobe

Asked by zimmtobe at 6:50 PM on Aug. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• From what I read when I was pregnant last year, it said not to take it when you are pregnant. My guess is there's not enough research with pregnant women. They also say not to take other supplements
    msfila1980

Answer by msfila1980 at 6:58 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• you shouldnt need to take it, because melatonin is a natural supplement that **IF** your body doesnt develop enough- you can take it to relax or sleep etc.

however, with being pregnant just remember your body is in *OVER DRIVE* in the production of hormones - so it shouldnt be needed (i personally, wouldnt see a reason y it would be bad 2take it, it cant do any damage-i wouldnt think)
    >>I used to take it, but when i got pregnant-there was NO need<<

but the best advice i can give is ask your dr.
    he/she knows your best when it comes to the nutrients that you need.
    KalieGirl

Answer by KalieGirl at 12:32 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I did take melatonin with this pregnancy for insomnia up until I talked with my doctor about it. He didnt suggest continuing it because they dont know what all is in the medicine.. He actually suggested taking Tylenol PM or Benadryl for sleepless nites..
    Cameolynn

Answer by Cameolynn at 1:22 PM on Aug. 24, 2009