What do I do with the whole coffee beans?

I bought whole bean coffee by mistake and we dont have a grinder. What can I do with them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:57 PM on Aug. 23, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Go back to your grocery store with the beans. Talk to the supervisor. Most stores have a grinder right there in the coffee aisle. Call first and ask even.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:50 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• return them. or a grinder is only between $10-15 at target or walmart. my husband actually prefers the beans ground once he tried it.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 7:03 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Well, if you seriously don't want to use them, you can put some in a little pot or jar & set them out as an air freshener. Coffee beans are great at absorbing odors. If they aren't open, donate them to your local homeless shelter. Coffee is usually a staple as shelters & most likely, one of the directors of helpers has a grinder.
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 7:04 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Do you have a blender or food processor? Perhaps you could try them. Agreeing with MissHeidi, though, if you can get a grinder, you'll find the coffee is tastier freshly ground.

Answer by Bmat at 7:04 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Take it to a coffee shop and they will grind it for you. I know that at Starbucks we are only supposed to grind coffee that was purchased from us, but there have been times when people came in with other brands and I didnt want to be the one to say no.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 7:30 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Thanks! We opened them by mistake. I cant see why the grocers wont let us grind them there. Thanks for all your input.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 PM on Aug. 23, 2009