How much

will the monthly premium be for Obamacare? How much coverage will that provide? What will be the minimums that must be paid before the plan covers anything? How much will the copays be? How much will the penalty be for individuals who don't qualify for medicaid or subsidies but can't afford the premium? Will diagnostic testing be covered for non-life threatening conditions? How about conditions like rosacea or psoriasis, will treatment of those be covered? Optical, dental, psychiatric?

If you don't know the answers to all of these questions, how can you possibly think the plan will be an improvement over what anyone has right now, regardless of their situation?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 7:13 PM on Aug. 23, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I've shopped for health insurance on-line. Before I purchase it, I can see the monthly premiums, the co-pays and deductibles, read the find print of what is covered and not covered, can purchase extras like glasses or dental coverage, and can compare the plan with dozens of others to find exactly what I need. I'd like that with HCR.

Buying into HCR blindly is like buying a car without knowing the model, the price, the features or the payments. I don't want to buy blindly.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 8:43 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• It won't be and anyone who thinks it will be are off their rockers. None of these issues are being addressed and the libs don't want them addressed.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 7:18 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• If you don't have the answers YET, how do you know it WON'T WORK?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:26 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• bug off Nancy you still don't know how to read
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:27 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• It's too much for some people to have an OPEN MIND! They are just not capable!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:27 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• See this is the scary part they want to pass this thing with none of this info in it! They will add it later after it has been passed at 3am. I will not be shocked to wake up in the morning and it be all on the news that they tried to pass this bill in the middle of the night.

It is a darn shame there are so many people still blind.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:36 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• So anon you want a bill to pass without knowing any of this? If that is being open minded then thank God for closed mindedness as it appears your brain has fallen out.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 7:36 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I'm so happy someone else figured that out. There is nothing about the government that would make me feel sure enough to chance a deal we cannot undo. These people still just don't get it. Obama can just tell the insurance cos. to do what he wants. Stop refusing people with illnesses, No more dropping people for any reason and any other thing he wants. He did it with the car companies, the banks and is now squelching the pay of CEOs. He doesn't have to have spend a trillion dollars on a government takeover. Power, thats all they want, they don't care about you.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 7:41 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Roflmao, Nancy.

The bill doesn't and won't answer those questions. It simply creates the dept. That will create the agency that creates the panel which hires the man that chooses the plan which is overseen by another agency, and so on and so forth.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 7:46 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Do you sometimes get the impression that the OP is talking to herself?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:59 PM on Aug. 23, 2009