Proactiv?? acne system.

does anyone use it and how would they rate it?
I just ordered it. I had bad skin as a teenager and then I took accutane and it went away, but now I am 29 and my ance is coming back :(. at first I started using the neautrogena advanced systems,but after 4 months it stopped working. My skin is not horriable but I alway have at least 6 pimples on my face and lots of scars :(. Just want others opinon if they used or use it. thanks..

r00j04j08

Asked by r00j04j08 at 7:19 PM on Aug. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I used it and it worked, BUT be careful. If you stop using it, you will get "backlash acne". (Your skin will actually be WORSE than it was before.) You are very sun sensitive while using it, so sunscreen is vital. (I have a permanent mark now from my face burning while using it.)

And if your bedding and towels are not white, it will bleach your bedding, towels, clothes, etc. if it comes into contact with them. I ruined some pillowcases because of that.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 2:09 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I rate it a 0 for waste of money.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:28 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• anon!.. wondering why? can you tell me more, how long did you use it?
    I am looking for real people not just those actors that paid to say something on the website. Thanks.
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 7:48 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• also anon.. how bad was your acne? or the person you know who used it?

r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 7:49 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I'm 29 too and have acne coming back! And mine sounds about the same as yours. However, I hate Proactiv. The cleaner is too greasy for my skin and makes me break out more. I have found something that works great though. It is call ClearSkin from Avon.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:58 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Oops..I hit enter before I was done typing. I do hope it works for you though. Good luck!
    Anonymous

• oh yes Avon products are very good. Why didn't I think of them. I already ordered the proactiv but if that doesn't work I will try the clear skinl. thank :)
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 8:46 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I use it now and have used it for 6 years. I absolutely love it. My skin is ALWAYS clear now that I use it. Before Proactiv I used to get 3 or 4 large painful under the skin pimples that would hang around for days. :( I would recommend it if you can afford the $50 every 2 months.
    NoSlippy

Answer by NoSlippy at 9:13 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• no slippy! .. oh they are very painfull latley.. I wonder why. I am glad someone is saying something good. The $50 isn't a problem. the birth control kept it clear too, but I went off that because I didn't want the hormones anymore..
    (now we time and pull and pray)
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 10:10 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Did your dr. ever do a simple blood test to see if your hormone levels are too high? I had acne into my 20's and I will be 40 this year. They did a blood test on me and my hormone levels were too high. I went on medication and it went away. I then also found out I had poly-cystic ovarion syndrome too. It pays to check it out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:51 PM on Aug. 23, 2009