100.1 temp and teething.......

is that a normal temp while teething or should I call the doc?

rowdy24

Asked by rowdy24 at 7:30 PM on Aug. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

Level 2 (-1 Credits)
  • My son just went through this all last week thats right all week, the nurse who live across the street said no need to worry as long as behavior is normal, my son played a little, and didnt want to eat real food he just had juice water and milk, get some baby oralgel , teeth tablets, and tylonel or motrian. She told me you only need to worry is the temp gets to 104. his was stuck between 101.2 and 100.3 but it weaning now he had two teeth cut through and they are his first teeth
    faithfulmomof1

Answer by faithfulmomof1 at 7:33 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• It is a normal temp. while teething. Mine even had diarrhea to go along with the fever so don't be alarmed if that starts. I gave my 3 pedialite if it got too bad. How old is baby? If it gets too high i would probably call. Any higher than 102 or 102.5. Hope LO feels better soon.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:34 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• how did you take his temp??

best way to take a babies temp is to take t rectally. it is the most accurate. if it is 100.4 rectally you should take them to the dr... 104 and above may cause convulsions and the child should be taken to the dr BEFORE it gets to that point. so what the nurse said to the poster above is wrong... im getting htis info from my daughters pediatrician... JSYK
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 7:37 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I agree with 7:37 poster. How was the temp taken. If it was taken rectally, which is most accurate for babies under 1, you subtract one degree. If taken under the arm you wuld add one degree. If it gets too high call the Dr. Over 102 i would call.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 7:40 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• She is 8 months old....temp was taken rectal....these r her top teeth. Already has her bottom two. With the others it never went above 99.6.......she had diarrhea with the bottom...not with these though. Rose red cheeks and more sleepy than normal. But is eating like a lil piggy and playing. Jsut really warm
    rowdy24

Answer by rowdy24 at 7:40 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• i honestly wouldnt worry too much, i would just keep checking it throughout the day and make sure she is comfortable and her temp doesnt get too high. try teething tablets too or tylenol or both.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 7:43 PM on Aug. 23, 2009