Red bumps on 3 week old baby girl's genitals

So I don't know if this is actually diaper rash or not. She has no bumps on her bottom. I have been using a vitamin diaper rash cream on her and switched to Huggies Pure and Natural diapers in case it was just irritation from the diapers. What else could it be??

LittleMonster22

Asked by LittleMonster22 at 7:46 PM on Aug. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• does she have thrush in her mouth? Its the white film on the inside on the tounge and can become white patches on the cheeks.......take her to the docs just to be safe because if it is thrush it can go through the body and cause a rash.. Basically thrush is a yeast infection in the mouth so it can spread......better to be safe ...call your doc in the am and make an appointment
    rowdy24

Answer by rowdy24 at 8:04 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I would call the doc just to be safe, but it could JUST be a rash. It doesn't have to be all over the diaper area to be a diaper rash.
    After you talk to the doc and if they say it is just a rash, I suggest Grandma El's rash cream. If you google it, it will give you the web site. I have only found it on line, but it's the best cream I and many moms have found. I put it on my DD eczema too.
    I cloth diaper my baby to avoid rashes and extra waste, but when she does get a rash, I use the Grandma El's and it usually only takes hours to clear up!
    DirtyMonkey

Answer by DirtyMonkey at 10:25 PM on Aug. 23, 2009