I dont want my baby born.....

On my oldests bday! Im due sept 26th my almost 5 years bday is the 15th i dont wanna have the baby on his bday! When i was growing up my cousins lived with me an my lil cousin bday is the same has mine an every year her mom an my mom made us have the same party an i hated it! If for some reason i do have him on my oldests bday i will not make them have the same bday party but i wouldnt know whos party to have 1st! Do u ladies have any idea on what to do if this happens? Im hoping an prayin that the baby does not come on the 15th!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:46 PM on Aug. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• its unlikely that will happen, good luck, cross your legs that day
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 7:49 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• My suggestion would be, if you do happen to have them on the same date, or even close, to have the older child's birthday first. You don't want your 5 yr old to feel that the baby is more important by getting a party first. JMO
    MsKari77

Answer by MsKari77 at 7:50 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• the baby isnt goin to notice anything for a while if that happens so do the oldests 1st. then when the baby gets older to know the oldest will understand more about what is goin on and u can let the little one go 1st.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:51 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• my dd was born march 15 (38 wks) my ds was due march 19. i had the same fear my ds ended up coming feb28 (37 wks)
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 7:52 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• In reality, you can't help when the baby is born. Try taking it EASY on the 15th. Maybe the baby will wait till the 16th lol
    5littleangels

Answer by 5littleangels at 8:16 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Fortunately, there is only a 4 percent chance of birthing ON your due date.
    But because you REALLY don't want it to happen, it probably will... ;-/
    I am discovering that life insists we learn to deal with stuff. Like it or not.
    So what if your baby IS born that day? Oh well... Not the first time it's happened, or the last, lol!

Actually, I do know children that have the same birthday as their sibling. Different years. They have fun with it...
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 8:20 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• well the chances of it happening are pretty slim.. but like mskari said if it does happen always go with the oldest child first. My mom was pregnant for my 10th birthday and I was horrified she'd have the baby that day. My sister was born 4 days later. Try not to stress over it too much, in the end its not the day the baby is born that's important, its about how you celebrate with your other child. You can always make them each feel special in different ways. :) Good luck
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 8:26 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• well you are really really going to regret this when you are 42 weeks pregnant and wishing baby would make his/her entrance already! lol!

but seriously it seems unlikely that you would have your baby on that day, especially since it's 11 days before your EDD. i know 11 days isn't that early, but still. seems like the most likely dates would be between the 20th and like the 5th of october or something.

my bday is nov 8 and my sister's is nov 18 and we always shared bday parties and we never had a problem with it. it was fun. also my mom's bday is nov 7 and my grandma's nov 9 so we actually had 4-way birthday parties. it's great when we still are able to get together for that!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:36 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• It can be a positive thing to share a birthday. It is all in how you present it. You can start off with separate parties (parties don't have to be ON the actual birth day)...older one first is a good idea. And when they get old enough to understand let them choose if they want to share a party.

I always shared a birthday with my grandfather and we had a double celebration before he died and I have nothing but fond memories. It was something that was always presented as a positive thing -- I was a birthday present. I MISS the double celebration.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 8:39 PM on Aug. 23, 2009