Does it bother you when people don't stand when an American flag is presented?

I attended a parade in the Texas panhandle yesterday and was amazed at the number of people who did not stand as the American flag made its way down the street. Many of those who remained seated were probably not American citizens, but I still felt they should stand and show respect.

Dyndudes

Asked by Dyndudes at 7:46 PM on Aug. 23, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• no. it doesnt bother me at all.... a lot of people may not like the american gov't etc idk..

maybe they have their reasons maybe they just dont care to stand up for the flag.but no it doesnt bother me.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 7:49 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Yes it does bother me.
    FL2AK

Answer by FL2AK at 7:51 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Gah it bothers me! I hate it! I just wanna smack them in the head and yell thats what flew strong in our wars! You know the ones people died in for your freedom! Idiots!

I also hate it when people don't stand to the National Anthem. Have respect for the country you live in even if you hate the Government.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:56 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Yes, It does! I was raised to stand whenever I saw the flag... I guess some people just weren't raised with that type of respect.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:57 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• yes. During the fourth of July fireworks pre-show, they played the national anthem and raised a flag...Most stood, but I was annoyed at some parents not having their kids stand and STOP playing for the duration of the song
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 7:58 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Yes it does and it bothers me when an American flag is flying for a factory or whatever and it needs replaced as well.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:05 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Yes it does bother me. It's just a matter of respect.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 8:13 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I am not political or anything WHATSOEVER.... but as anti war as I am I still feel greatful and appreciative for those who chose to fight for their country and I understand the flag and its history. I will always stand for it and make sure my DH takes his hat off.... I hate the lazy people who don't stand for it... very sad.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 8:16 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Yes, it bothers me.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 8:29 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• if you weren't a citizen of another country, and their flag was being paraded down main street..would you stand, to honor it? probably not...which is the case, if what you said, ''Many of those who remained seated were probably not American citizens,.." is true.

yes, if i know everyone (and how could i know that?) is a citizen, it would bother me. like another pp said, it bothers me when i see one that needs to be replaced, and properly disposed of. its not a matter of life and death; however, it is our symbol, and representative of our country, no matter what we think of its state or state leader(s).
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 8:45 PM on Aug. 23, 2009