if you ended up in the hospital starting RIGHT NOW for short period (say 3-5 days) where would your kids be?

I am putting this in $$$ section 'cuz a lot of people right now could not HAVE their DH or SO miss 3 or 5 days of work!

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 7:48 PM on Aug. 23, 2009 in Money & Work

• My husband would watch my daughter. He gets four weeks vacation, 3 personal days, and lots of sick days. (He can work from home too) Assuming that wasn't an option, I would take her to my mother's daycare during the day and she could take her home that night.
    catsrock

Answer by catsrock at 10:53 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• My mom would come and stay. She loves feeling needed and staying with her grandkids.
    Dyndudes

Answer by Dyndudes at 7:50 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• with my sister while my SO works.

i already told her that if something happens to me or my SO that we want her to keep Brooke.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 7:51 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• My children would be in school during the day and my husband would go to work. He would then come home and be with them in the evening. My oldest is old enough to take care of the younger two if need be. Nothing here would really change. I have to go away on business a few times a year and things run just fine in my absence.
    FL2AK

Answer by FL2AK at 7:56 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• My husband would stay home. He has 10 weeks vacation and he has 6 weeks personal time. If he really needed to work he could work at home and our son could go to his office with him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:51 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• School during the day and then with my parents or my exbf, who is like a dad to my son. I would let him chose which one he stays with.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:37 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• now that we live closer to family, my husband would probably keep working and my MIL would come stay with my son.

before when we lived further away, my husband would have to take off work and we would have to get behind (even more!) on money. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• DD is in daycare, so she'd just go to daycare during the day and DH would pick her up when he got off work. BUT... knowing my family (DD is an only grandchild) I wouldn't doubt that one of my parents would show up.
    Jafra_mommy

Answer by Jafra_mommy at 2:49 AM on Aug. 24, 2009