If you or your SO/DH/BF died (god forbid) where would your children go?

Have you thought about it??

we have both agreed if we both died, that Brooke would go to my sister. She is an amazing mother to her 3 kids, has a stable home with her DH. and they are financially stable as well.

She also said if something were to happen, that she would probably breastfeed my DD. lol i thought that was cute.
she is so happy we asked her to do this and she agreed to it. :)

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 7:53 PM on Aug. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I need to make a will. But so far we have spoken to 2 of my brothers and they have agreed to care for and raise my kids. I wanted someone I could trust. Not that I don't other family members but the 2 of them have "proven" to be stable enough financially, mentally, and emotionally to handle the responsibility. We have great Godparents, but I wanted my kids raised with my family. So they would always be close to their other relatives.

Danni143

Answer by Danni143 at 8:09 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• In my case my SO's girls (my Step daughters) would go to their moms, with SO's mom in charge of his insurance money for the girls. This is something we both decided was for the best. In a different aspect my sister asked me to take her 4 kids if something happened to her and her hubby. We sat down and talked about a plan and what she would expect to be done with the benefit money etc. It made me feel much better about being the one to take the kids. *side note; we are not a morbid family, my sisters husband is in the army and deployed so we needed a plan... lol I just realized how strange it sounded when I mentioned we had it all planned out so I wanted to clear that up.
    chrissifaye

Answer by chrissifaye at 8:20 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• If we both died they go live with my sister in law, she is an awesome mother and wanted a large family but didn't meet the right guy until she was 35. Only thing is the religion, it is different then ours and I afraid it would confuse the girls.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 8:24 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• My children's father and I are not together, so if any thing happened to me they would be on the first flight to Japan. There is a bank account set up just for the tickets, they have their passports/visa's etc. My will is set up just in case, I want my children to be safe.

My ex does not get visitations, their grandfather (adoptive) lives in Tokyo and is willing to raise them should any thing happen to me. Heck if I'm ever hospitalized that's where they'll go, don't want to risk their safety.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:27 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• My son would go to my best friend or my ex bf (not my son's father, just the man that has been his dad for the last 3+ years). My son's father is not around, so I wouldn't even allow that to happen. My parents are getting too old and I trust no one else in my family. I know my best friend and exbf would raise my son the way I am.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:32 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• We've tried to decide but can't pick anyone. We've just decided to not die at the same time.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 2:32 PM on Aug. 24, 2009