Is it true what they say? "Every woman needs her own place." ??

My grandmother says that. She surely isn't a pleasant woman to live with. But is it true that more than one woman in one household CANNOT get along with each other?

His_Mommy26

Asked by His_Mommy26 at 8:02 PM on Aug. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I could not live with another grow women in my house i tell my dh only one women can rule this roost!

toledoohiomom

Answer by toledoohiomom at 8:22 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I think it's pretty much true. A woman, generally, runs the house. She wants it her way. That's the way I am. I have had woman friends move in before, it just doesn' t work. The only woman now who I can have living in my house is my adult dd's. But even then they don't like to listen to me and do it my way....but I can say more to them about it! lol
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 8:05 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I grew up with 5 women in the house. We got along more or less considering it was three generations. I think it is every women needs her own space and to live on her own before she gets married. I think those are important to find and keep in touch with yourself, since we women have a tendency to care for others and forget ourselves.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 8:07 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• In some countries it is (or was) the normal thing for several generations to live together. It makes a lot of sense to me- the grandmas can help with the children and housework and cooking, and when they get frail, the younger women can look after them.

We had a neighbor whose mom lived with them. It worked out well. The parents both worked, and the grandma was there for the children and keeping the house clean and the cooking. They were all happy with the arrangement. They did have a mother in law apartment though, so the grandma could have her own space when she wanted it. But she helped out and they paid the bills.

Answer by Bmat at 8:32 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• This is ABSOLUTELY true!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:21 PM on Aug. 23, 2009