How long did it take you to lose your pregnancy weight?

I LOVE my pregnant body, but once the baby is out I know it's going to be FLABBY and UNATTRACTIVE to HECK.

How long did it take you to lose the weight? How much did you gain?

I'm 28 weeks and i've gained 20 pounds, so by the time I deliver i'll probably have gained over 30 lbs.

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 8:08 PM on Aug. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i gained 65 lbs while pregnant and got back to my pre pregnancy weight by 4 months post partum and i am still losing weight.

i just walked often with my DD in her stroller and for a strange reason i had NO appetite for a few weeks so i ate very little... and i ate healthy and yeah.. i breastfed too.. that helps.

it kinda just melted off.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 8:35 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Anywhere between 25 & 35 pounds is considered normal weight gain. I gained different amts. with each preg. With my first i gained 25lbs, but with my 3rd i gained 12lbs. total. I can't say why, maybe it had to do with chasing my very busy 2 boys i had already. It took a good 6 months for me to get down to my pre pregnancy weight, but don't get down on youself if it takes longer. Remember that everyone is different and has differnt body types. Just drink plenty of water, eat sensibly and try to get a little exercise if possible and it will eventually come off.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 8:14 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• My prepreggo weight was 127. My preggo weight got up to 154. It took a month to get down to 132 and that is what I have maintained since then and my daughter is 2.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:18 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• it depends on when you have the baby and what your activity level is after. I gained almost 60lbs with my daughter, and went through hell all summer, wasn't able to exercise, in and out of the hospital with her, etc.. it took me until spring to get the motivation to lose the weight cuz winters are downright COLD here and I was NOT leaving the house unless I had to. When I got my butt in gear, it only took me about a month to lose the last 20lbs
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 8:23 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I didn't gain any weight with my pregnancy (my ob said that I was losing and the baby was gaining) and I lost 30 lbs within a week of having the baby. I know it sounds great, but now I have all this loose skin on my belly and I look awful. I can't exercise yet because I had a c-section, so if you are anything like me, you will never be satisified : /
    reava

Answer by reava at 8:25 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• oh goodness, how long do you have to wait after a c-section to exercise?
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 8:27 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• OMG.........Are you ready, my pre-prego weight with #1 was 140-ish I went up to 205 (he was 9.14)
    after about 3 yrs went down (not really trying anything) to 150, when he was 5yrs old I got was ready for #2 and then I pre-weighed in at 147 gave birth to #2 @ 195 (he was 8.7). Sick of my body I went to weigh Watchers (the meeting really helped!) Lost all weight in 9 months down to 119. And I have more energy then before I had kids go figure!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:28 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• i gained 40 lbs and lost about 15 of it pretty fast but then gained it all back. :( i never exercise like i did before baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:37 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• congrats on the 119! i haven't seen that number in a couple years... lol
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 8:43 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I gained 45lbs (I blame it on my previous co-workers who were ALWAYS trying to feed me). I lost about 20lbs within the first week, my son was 9lbs so that helped too. :] Now that he's 8 months old I have 15lbs to go. I've just been lightly dieting and not stressing out too much, there's a whole lot of other things for me to worry about lol. Once summer is over in AZ I'm going to be going on regular walks and I know I'll have no trouble with the last 15lbs!

Just don't let yourself go. You'll be much happier being healthy.
    ours

Answer by ours at 8:44 PM on Aug. 23, 2009