Does the God we call Jesus really respect sin?

OK so I read a post earlier that says that Jesus respects everyone and regardless of what they do; how do you view that?

bloodbought

Asked by bloodbought at 8:08 PM on Aug. 23, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• You are right I am being watched and so are the rest of you.
    Cafemom and the team are not my Savior; but Jesus is.
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 9:57 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Ramona, I never said God respects people regardless of what they have done. What I said is God LOVES us all,no matter what. He LOVES the sinner, He HATES the sin! THAT,sweetie is what I said. I'm sorry if you misunderstood,and got upset, I never meant to. You blocked me,already,and I can't respond to your message to me. This is the only way I can communicate with you. I'm sorry if your'e upset.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 8:10 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Unlike some people, Jesus was wise enough to know the difference between a sin and a person
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:11 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• this is pretty much the same question. go read her answers
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:12 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• A man who has no holiness has never had this manifestation. Some men profess a great deal; but we must not believe any one unless we see that his deeds answer to what he says. "Be not deceived; God is not mocked." HE WILL NOT bestow his favours upon the wicked: for while he will not cast away any of man-kind, neither will he respect an evil doer. According to His Word there will be three effects of nearness to Jesus {{-humility, happiness, and holiness}}. May God give them to us all including them that call themself Christian!
    He is not nor has He ever been a God/Jesus that will hand out pacifiers to them that continue in sin.
    HE DOES NOT RESPECT an EVIL DOER no matter who you claim to be in Him.
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 8:13 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Answered at 5:10 PM on Aug. 23, 2009 by: stvmen88
    Ramona, I never said God respects people regardless of what they have done. What I said is God LOVES us all,no matter what. He LOVES the sinner, He HATES the sin! THAT,sweetie is what I said. I'm sorry if you misunderstood,and got upset, I never meant to. You blocked me,already,and I can't respond to your message to me. This is the only way I can communicate with you. I'm sorry if your'e upset.
    ~~~
    I am upset that you blocked me when I made a reply to what you posted.
    I will say it again......God has never and He will never give respect to an evil-doer regardless of whether you claim to follow Him or follow other gods.
    Then I replied again in another post and that complete post is gone.
    HMMM; I guess only homosexuals, pagans and them that are not Born-again Believers can reply in someone's that claims to follow Jesus.
    Guess I just thought you were someone else. His!
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 8:18 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I think you mis read the post.
    I agree stvmen never said anything about respecting sin. There is a difference between the act of sin and the human being.
    the Synonym for respect is honor. We can honor a person but we do not honor the sin. Honoring someone never means condoning the wrong they do. This is where grace comes in. Grace is merit undeserved! We can honor , respect , esteem a person even if they do not deserve it. God honors us and we are a mess! :-) He knows that we will goof up but He still gives us honor, respect, esteem, why? Because of Love and Grace. No he doesn't ignore sin but He points us back to Him is a positive manner rather than a negative one.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 8:18 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I have never blocked you on anything, have never reported you on anything,and have never deleted any post with your replies on it. I don't post anon. posts,and most of those had been. If that's what you are upset about, I'm very sorry. That was never my intention, but you have to do what's right for you. Just know I do respect you, and have never and would never say or do anything behind your back. I am one of the strongest Christians on here, but I am also friends with other people as well. Last time I checked, Jesus told us to take the word to a hurting and lost world.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 8:26 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I agree with stvmen and with Shaneagle - Jesus loves us all and respects us all and He looks past just the sin to the heart.

Not to mention that we are all guilty of sin and therefore all equally undeserving of His love, and yet He loves us anyway, and in that we are equally blessed.

Sin is sin in God's eyes - one person's sin is just as bad as someone else's sin, and we all have our own faults to work on.

Jesus always treated people with respect, regardless of their faults, and we are commanded to do the same.

Even if someone believes Jesus was at any time disrespectful, that doesn't give us the right to be, for we are commanded by God to be loving, forgiving, compassionate, humble, gracious, etc. These are all things that go hand and hand with respect.

Christians should remember that we are not just servants of God, but of ALL mankind, Christian or not, and to truly serve them we must love and respect them.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 8:35 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Ramona, I have sincerely tried to make this right with you. However, you have to do what you feel is right,and I have to do the same. If at any time in the future,you would like to mend this, I am always open. I have no hard feelings toward you at all, and will always be praying for you. God bless you,and have a great night.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 8:43 PM on Aug. 23, 2009