Do you have Will , or a Guardian established for your child/ren?

I do but i think only because of my health. I was wondering if any other moms have this stuff ready, since you never know if a car accident can happen

faithfulmomof1

Asked by faithfulmomof1 at 8:09 PM on Aug. 23, 2009 in General Parenting

• Yes. I'm only 29 and am in excellent health. But you never know. I have a Family Care Plan(establishes a guardian and power of attorney for my kids. Its something required in the Army) and a Will.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:15 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Not yet. How do I go about doing that? It needs to be done ASAP cause I'm a single mom. :/
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 8:21 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Not yet but plan to be doing one very soon. I'm a single mom and my son's father is a royal piece of crap and would only want my son to keep him from my family.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 8:35 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• No but I also have complete faith that no matter what family member they were placed with they would be totally loved and cared for. I really should though just to make things go more smoothly and quickly if anything happened to us both.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:49 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• We have a special needs trust set up for our son. It establishes guardianship in case of the death of both parents, a trust is set up to safeguard our son's inheritance & disability benefits, it provides living arrangements for him (to stay in our family home) and establishes someone to oversee his financial needs (not necessarily the same person as the guardian).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:12 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Not yet, but I really need to get one. I do know who I want my son to go to if something happens, I just need to get it in writing. It will also cause world war 3 in my family because I am NOT picking family members because I know they won't raise him as I do or want him to be raised.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:21 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• to all the moms wonder how to do so you can go to your local office max or staples sometimes even walmart or target has them its a do it yourself will, then you just go and get it noterized
    faithfulmomof1

Answer by faithfulmomof1 at 9:36 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• i do now. after my husband died last year i had to grow up & do a lot of things that i kept putting off.
    the red cross had lawyers in my area prepare up wills, living wills, declarations of health care for free one day & i went.
    i had my will drawn up, made my sister & brother executors of the will. my brother & his wife will be guardians of my son since he is only 16.5 right now in case something would happen to me. my sister is the executor of the estate & my parents have power of attorney over my health care & do not resuscitate orders along with my wishes to be an organ donor like my husband, cremated & put into his urn with him for an eternal marriage.

death puts life into perspective really fast when it happens to you.
    justjacki

Answer by justjacki at 10:32 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I have been divorced since 2001 and right after the divorce I made up my will on who would get my children and my money.I certainly did not want it going to their dad because his new wife would make sure it would be spent on her,him,&her daughter. So it is always best to do these things to protect yourself and your children.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:43 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I am 28 and my husband is 23. He is in the Army so we have had all of that set up for almost four years. Even though we have to consider a lot of things most people don't think about in your twenties because of his career, I am thankful it is something we "have" to think about.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 12:40 AM on Aug. 24, 2009