I see these diets that say; Cut down on belly fat for a month and see results by doing this one thing;what do you think it is?

Someone said on here,anything you eat that makes you guilty,is what causes belly fat,burgers,fries,soda,chips donuts.Yeah, I know about that,I'm wondering if there's something else though,like keep up with exercise everyday or some special food to eat.I know about eating 5 servings and more of vegetables and fruits.So this diet says this ,what do you think it is?Can't use the answers already mentioned has to be something else..please.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:09 PM on Aug. 23, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• the only full-proof weight loss method is diet and exercise. NOT A DIET...but the diet that you eat. Talk to a personal trainer, they are usually about $25 + /hour, but if you go a couple times, you will be good and will know what to do...also, if you can, and if it's not too expensive, try a nutritionist to help you with your foods. You need to know what to eat and what times of day....what are good and bad carbs. These ads online are all crap...there's nothing that you can do that you can lose belly fat with one rule...it's commitment, diet & exercise. Good luck!
    clhadley

Answer by clhadley at 8:26 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Don't click on the ads they are a SCAM. They suggest Acai berries and colon cleansing - not a new theory. Not saying this does or doesn't work, but the ADS ARE A SCAM.
    Drewlove

Answer by Drewlove at 10:13 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• What's worked for me is following the South Beach plan of avoiding most cereals, pasta, rice, potatoes and bread, along with sugary foods. Instead, I eat lean meats & plenty of fresh or steamed veggies, low fat cheeses and drink plenty of water or decaf iced tea and eat a bare minimum of healthy carbs like any fresh fruit with skin or high fiber cereal like All-Bran.

Most Americans eat too many carbs and then don't burn them off. Carbs turn into glucose in the blood during digestion, and glucose that isn't burned off in a few hours is stored, usually in the belly area, in fat cells. Your body doesn't want to be that way. If you eat fewer carbs so that you need to burn some of the glucose stored in your body, typically it will help you lose weight in the belly area.

I've followed the SB plan since April. One benefit I got besides weight loss was a 300+ pt. drop in my triglycerides and 100+ pt drop in my cholesterol level.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 9:45 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I'm wondering if it's a good diet,exercise and lifting weights that target the stomach muscles.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:58 PM on Aug. 24, 2009