How hard was weening baby off breast?

and about how long did it take?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:31 PM on Aug. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It wasn't that bad for us... either time. The worst of it was the engorgement for me. That HURT and it was hard to not have that bonding time. Once we found a bottle and nipple that my son would accept the switch wasn't bad at all, and my daughter fought me for six months with nursing so with her it was kind of a relief when I stopped nursing.
    boomerwife01

Answer by boomerwife01 at 1:33 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• That depends on how old the baby is.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 8:34 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• It depends on the age of the baby. I weaned my son at 2 and it wasn't even an issue. He practically didn't even notice because he was ready to move on. Had I tried to wean him at 6 months, it would have been a huge battle. I had no engorgement, had a great time bonding with him (nothing can replace that) and of course, the health benefits for your baby are innumerable. He started accepting the bottle of pumped milk at around 9 months. I guess from that stage on, you can pick up the pace and wean with more ease because they're taking a bottle anyway.
    CVRsmommy

Answer by CVRsmommy at 1:53 PM on Aug. 24, 2009