Laws To Ban Religion??

My mother just mentioned she heard something on the radio about Federal Legislation to Ban All Religion but she can't find anything on line... Anybody hear this?

Any and All information welcome!

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 8:35 PM on Aug. 23, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Such a thing goes against the Constitution, and would never be passed. I also don't believe that the people who work in the government (who are mostly Christian) would endorse such a thing.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 8:39 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Which is what I think... HOWEVER, apparently the same legislation is also to be looked at in Europe. So, I am just looking for information IF it is even true! I do not believe it could or would ever be passed, but it would be interesting to see what is really being mentioned here...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:41 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Ban all religion from what?
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 8:42 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• But Europe doesn't have our specific Constitution - ours specifically states that "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof"

Not to mention, Europe tends to be more secularized than we are here in the US, but even so, I don't believe that even Europe would ban religion.

As a matter of fact, I think religious freedom is in the Declaration of Human Rights, which lists the inalienable rights of all humans.....
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 8:45 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I really don't see that happening here. I honestly hope it doesn't. I'm really not sure what to think about this, given the night I've had. I'll give it some thought!
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 8:51 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• And again - I agree. However, that doesn't change the fact that my mother heard this in a radio news report... I am simply trying to find information. Not start a debate about would or wouldn't it happen... I see it as poppycock... My mother on the other hand believes it is "The Fulfillment of Revelations" as she said and is upset because my children are going to be killed with the return of Jesus...

I just want to know what the hell she is talking about and what exactly was put before Congress... IF anyone has heard about this or has news links please let me know...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:53 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I searched it. Only thing I found was someone asking the same thing on yahoo answers. Its 4 months old but may help answer your question.
    http://ph.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090425164416AAHlnEz
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 8:53 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Sabrina, I'd be very interested to hear the broadcast your mom heard. If you can at all find it,I'd love for you to post it.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 8:56 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Oh, I totally understand, and not trying to debate, it just doesn't sound like something that would really happen. Perhaps if we could hear it or know exactly what was said it would make more sense.

A lot has to do with which radio program she was listening to, too, lol.

I'd be very interested in seeing/hearing exactly what was said, though!

=)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:00 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• What radio broadcast was she listening to? There is some 'interesting' stuff from various sources out there! I haven't heard anything about it in the mainstream media (and like many other posters have said, I don't see it happening anytime soon!)
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 9:12 PM on Aug. 23, 2009