I heard on Fox news this morning that schools want to have bible study as an elective for kids in school.

what do you think about this?

i think as an elective is fine. i live in gilbert arizona where mormons have seminary as an elective and no one in this area seems to have a problem with it.

its not a GENERAL class.. its an elective.. like Dance, pe, wood shop etc would be and you would get an elective credit for it.

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 8:40 PM on Aug. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I am up in the air about this, I guess as a elective it is ok, maybe?.. but there is sunday school for that. I am not a church goer or push god on my children. but if they choose to take it that would be on them.
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 8:48 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Sure, why not? If it's an ELECTIVE, that's fine!

beadingmom17

Answer by beadingmom17 at 9:01 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I think it would be good. It wouldn't be pushed on anyone, and the kids could choose it if they wanted to. I would worry, though, about the kids getting teased or bullied who did choose this, just the way teenagers are. hmmm??
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 9:25 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I think it would be great because it's not being pushed on anyone but the option is there if a child decides to take the class (whatever their religious beliefs) because some kids just want the option of exploring other religions or even just learning about them. My kids are Christians and so we do read the Bible and all, so I think it would be great for them to have the opportunity to be taught even more about the Bible at school. I don't see anything wrong with it if it is as an elective. Now, even being a Christian, I think it would be wrong for them to make it mandatory because that is just not acceptable to push religion on anyone else.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 9:38 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Elective is just fine, and I would hope other largely recognized religions would become electives, too.
    I think all people should be exposed to all forms of religion and their practices so they may understand and choose for themselves what they wish to practice.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:19 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• WONDERFUL>>>>>>>> BRING GOD BACK
    deannarae5868

Answer by deannarae5868 at 12:26 PM on Aug. 24, 2009