I feel so awful...please tell me other moms deal with this.

I take 3 college courses online, am married, have a house to take care of, and an almost 9 month old son. I also am a notary and do the occasional signing, as well as classy pin-up/alternative modeling for extra money. Both jobs I get paid under the table so it allows me to stay home with my son and receive discounted health care from the state.

I just feel like I'm missing out on so much lately. With finals and having to drive out to signings it's almost like he sees his dad and grandparents more. The time I do see him is only a couple hours before he naps. Then I'm working on homework. I pride myself and still being my own person and not JUST a mom, but I want a break to just spend time with him, no husband, no family, no work.

Please tell me other moms deal with this?

ours

Asked by ours at 8:54 PM on Aug. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Ahh, the "mommy guilt." I hate to be the one to say this, but this feeling won't ever go away..
    We all go through it..feeling like there's never enough of ourselves to go around..
    You're doing what you have to do right now..if the classes are putting a strain on you or becoming a little overwhelming, why not take a semester or so off?? The classes will still be there, but this precious time with your baby won't. They grow up sooooo fast....
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 9:04 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Classes start every Monday so I already decided to take a couple weeks off, but it's really important to me to be the first on my mom's side to graduate college. All my friends only finished a few classes and then quit, I want to make sure that my son sees what I did and it motivates him to always try his hardest because he can do it.

I really hate the mommy guilt. I'm always so much happier during the time that I can just give him my full attention. He's just so damn cute and I don't want to miss it. :[
    ours

Answer by ours at 9:08 PM on Aug. 23, 2009