Am i the only one?

am i the only one who ever gets frustrated and has to set my baby down in the swing and go in the other room for alittle while because im tired and the screaming and crying is piercing my brain and i want to punch a whole threw the wall and rip my hair out of my head? she is 3 months old. they tell you its ok to set them down, in order to prevent shaken baby syndrome, but i feel like its so looked down upon and everyone wants to pretend they never got frustrated with their babies and if you leave them crying, you are a bad mother.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:01 PM on Aug. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• nope. I sure as hell do this. Some days I have to do it twice, three times a day. My husband is away, and I have nobody to help me with her. The way I look at it is: You can either get frustrated, and risk hurting the baby (We have all thought about it, even though 99% of us would never EVER hurt our children) OR you can put the baby in the other room and take a chill pill. Sometimes us mamas just need a nap.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:08 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• You are doing the right thing by putting your child down, in a swing, or whatever, if you are feeling overwhelmed and need a break! We all get frustrated sometimes, even if some people won't admit it. Babies cry, sometimes we cant' figure out why they are crying, and if we get upset or frustrated they can sense that and then they cry more. It is best to take a time out to get yourself calmed down, then go back and deal with your child. Just make sure wherever you put them that they are safe, they can't get hurt or roll over and fall. Even babies who haven't rolled over yet will surprise you. So always just make sure they are in a safe place. You shouldn't feel bad for doing this, you should feel good, your a good mother when you know you need a quick time-out!
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 9:09 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• what i do is put her on her crib or my bed and go to the bathroom and breath and or put some water in my face to calm down.i also have a dog i go to walk her and take my baby with me sometimes is good for both of us to get some fresh air... but if my hubby happens to be here i pass her over to some helping hands. its nice to get a break and plus if her diaper is dry or she is not hungry it wont hurt ur baby to cry fora bit.. it would make baby tired and sleepy..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:24 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• if she seems to be crying for no reason (like you've tried everything), try gas drops.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 9:41 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I've been there too. I can't imainge that there really is a person out there who was able to keep their cool 100% of the time unless they had help and got many breaks. I got frustrated the first week. My daughter keep crying and wanting to feed, which hurt like hell! I'd nurse and set her down and she'd scream. we did this over and over. Finally I got so frustrated I took her outside and handed her off to my husband and ran back in. He freaked! he honestly thought she was dead from the way I was holding her (one hand cradling the neck, one under her bottom, arms as far from my body as possible.) he came im to see what was wrong with her. nothing! I just needed a break!! :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:42 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• No you are not the only one that is for sure. I have had to do it before, I would place them somewhere safe (crib, swing, etc) and go into another room. I have even went as far as going into the bathroom and shutting the door, just to have some quiet for a minute or two. And I would also watch the clock and count down until hubby would get home, so I could pass the baby to him just for a precious few minutes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:44 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• The fact that you are in control enough to know to put the baby down and go in another room means that you are in control. We've all been there, hang in there Mommy!
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 10:00 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• NO, you are NOT alone. I also have a 3 month old son who isnt happy unless he is being held. I have had to put him down a time or two, hell maybe three or four times and walk away. Let them cry after you have tried EVERYTHING. Change pamper, feed them, rock them, try giving a bath. I know my son clams down after a warm bath. Its okay to step away. Just make sure you place the baby in a safe place and you come back after a few minutes.
    TLW514

Answer by TLW514 at 10:02 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Being able to walk away is a good thing. It never goes away, it just gets easier. My son is 16 y.o and there are times I have to say "I cannot deal with you right now, we'll finish this later". You are NOT alone, just that you are strong enough to admit you get frustrated, some mothers feel the need to appear perfect and won't admit they get to the end of their rope with their children. As long as you are making sure your baby is in a safe place like the swing or crib and not leaving the house you are doing the right thing.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 10:49 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• you are not the only momma who goes through this. My son is7 months old and I still deal with this only now sometimes he is just throwing a fit. Its hard being a mommy sometimes but those who think you are a bad mommy are just crazy cuz every momma goes through some form of this. Good luck
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 12:11 AM on Aug. 24, 2009