how often should i give her rice?

ok so her ped told me to start her on rice she is 4 months but im confused because when should i do it... her ped also told me 3 time a day but after i feed her should i still give her her full ounces of formula or do i do it before her feeding time or when she starts getting fuzzy because she is hungry? im so confused..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:15 PM on Aug. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• 3 times a day like her dr said is fine. make her her full ounces of formula. use some for the rice and use the rest to let her drink while she is eating. babies can tell u when they are done if she didnt drink the whole thing put it in the fridge for the nex time. when my daughter started eating rich she would only drunk it in a bottle and when she went to day care she refused to eat unless the bottle had it in there so she got it all day long lol. so u can also feed it to her all day if she wants its really up to you. dont listen to the DRs ON EVERYTHING
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:34 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• ALSO give it to her when she gets hungry she will eat a lil more if u give it b4 feeding time she might now want it and might gag a lot
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:36 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I really hope that the poster above me didnt mean that you should let the baby drink out of the bottle what they want, and then put the bottle in the fridge to use for later!!!! OMG that is a huge no-no! I wouldnt give it to her when she is fussy because she is hungry, I would give her her normal bottle and wait a little while then give her the cereal. That way she is more receptive to it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:39 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• When first starting out, its really not that much rice you are using. So I would continue to give her the same amount of milk that you have been giving her. At that young, its just for experience. Just try a little bit and see how she does. Mix it with her milk and make it really soupy.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:31 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I would feed her like you feed yourself,breakfast ,lunch,and dinner,with 2 snacks,her bottles,each cereal feeding, should include a bottle,please don't put cereal in bottle, she will eat it off the spoon,it will be messy, but,she will love it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• NEVER PUT CEREAL IN THE BOTTLE.....make the cerealy souppy till she gets the hang of it then u can thicken it up ....for me my son didnt like it runny he ate it thick i would give him his bottle then cereal in the morning and then for lunch and dinner but he had to have his bottle first then he would eat it.....youll get the hang of it.....its not hard
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Tell me you mean rice cereal not regular rice. The way I did it was at 4 months I started with thick rice cereal. We started with once a day after morning bottle. Then at 5 months we added fruit in the AM, then one by one added the veggies.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 12:14 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I wouldn't give any until she is six months, and I would give it after she gets formula/bm(whichever you use) in a bottle. 3 times a day is alot, and if you start out giving that much you may have a very constipated baby on your hands. Start out slowly if you do decide to give it, 1 tablespoon soupy at a feeding.
    Daynaof3

Answer by Daynaof3 at 12:57 AM on Aug. 24, 2009