Diaper rash???

My daughter (7 and a half months old) has been getting tons of diaper rashes lately. I'm able to fight most of them off, but some really get a hold. Like a bacterial infection she had that started bleeding and blistering. That one left a scar. And now, recently, she has red bumps that go a little past the diaper line, some cluster, and some are spread out. And the folds between her genitals and her legs are red too. I'm not really sure what to do! I mean, I always put a&d ointment on after every diaper change to prevent rashes, and I put desitin on her constantly, but nothing seems to help! WHAT DO I DO???

Call-Me-Mommy

Asked by Call-Me-Mommy at 9:21 PM on Aug. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If you haven't yet talk to your doctor. If you aren't getting any help for your doctor see another one. My dd had a few cases of diaper rash. Her doc gave me a prescription for "Magic Butt Cream" That is the actual name! It has a mild medicine to treat yeast infection flare ups plus soothing ingredients (zinc) like destin. He also told me to make sure her bottom was dry before I put it on. It helped a lot. All diaper cream is designed to seal - it will either seal IN wetness or seal out wetness. Cornstarch powder helps to keep the bottom dry and help with heat rash, but won't help if you are dealing a yeast infection. Yeast can form in any and all folds on your baby's skin. Hope this helps!
    Drewlove

Answer by Drewlove at 9:51 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Oh Honey Desitin keeps the babys butt wet when it needs to be dry. I use corn starch and my baby never gets a diaper rash
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:24 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Desitin isn't very good. The best is A&D diaper cream, not the ointment OR Bordeaux Butt Paste. Those 2 are the best because the zinc oxide is higher and that is what fights the diaper rashes. Use either one of those at every diaper change and sprinkle a table spoon or so of cornstarch on top of the creams. That works better than anything.....good old corn starch. Look at her diet too, maybe something is causing them.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 9:47 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Try Burts Bees Diaper Ointment. and organic diapers. They really arent that much more than regular diapers.
    sopheeahsmommy

Answer by sopheeahsmommy at 8:00 AM on Aug. 24, 2009