Does anyone have problems with there in-laws? My husband is #4 of 6 and there is always some sort of family drama. I think I have reached my breaking point!!!!!!

I think I just need to vent. We have been together for 10 years, married for 7, and its so frusterating. I go out of my way to do things for them, I try to do activites with his neices and nephews, (their are 13 of them plus my two) I try to plan special activites with his sisters, all 4 of them. It;s like the more I try the more I burn. It has never really bothered me untill recently, and thats when I noticed that I am really recenting my husaband, because I want him to fix it........ I just get so angry, we moved a little further away, but not far enough I guess. I new to cafe mom, so if anyone has any advice on how not to keep getting burned by these nutty in laws that would be great???????

TMQMama14

Asked by TMQMama14 at 9:25 PM on Aug. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• i friggin HATE my in laws and wish i never had to talk to them ever again. their pieces of shit. and i hate the way they treat me and their son, and sometimes i resent my SO for still loving them and not realizing how big of pieces of shit they are. so no, i have no advice to help you, lol. =)
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:37 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• why do you expect the immediate family to answer to you? I am not picking on you, but they aren't wanting to be bothered and his family is surely like this all the time, not just because you are planning, (which is real outgoing and inventive!) Although , sadly some in-laws or nieces, sisters, aren't worth planning things around, and/or with. I see it in my in-laws to a point. Lots of people are just doing "there own thing", and it's more spontaineous and not as sophisticated, but they enjoy that, and it's easier, and more predictable for them, some people aren't planners. Get some stuff to do at home, at least for you, and make things for you, design clothes, or get a game of ping pong with just one person who likes it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:38 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Sister the best advice i can give is stop trying to be nice to them. Thats how I felt and as soon as I stopped trying to be nice and do things for them... I felt better! PLus I didnt have to be around them haha
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 9:39 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• You should never do anything with for or to someone unless it's from the heart and if your hearts not in it... then stop trying so hard.
    Once in a while I stop calling my family and inlaws just to see how long it takes them to notice I'm not around, and sometimes with kids, school, hubby, friends and life in general I don't have time for people or things that I want to do. I don't know what your situation is, but maybe you should just take a couple of steps back and give them some breathing room and take some for yourself too.
    Good Luck :)
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 9:49 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• are we in the same family my hubby is from a family of 13 yes 13 and there is ALWAYS drama thats why I stick to myself
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:11 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• My in-laws are horrible. My husband was homeless for a couple of years when he was younger. His mom is an ex-stripper and alcholic. His dad is an ex heroin addict and calls my husband telling him he's going to come over here and kick his ass. His mom has called me a hefer and told me I was just using my husband for money ( my husband works in a wharehouse we have no money ). Lets just say my daughter has practically no relationship with her grandparents
    drs1206

Answer by drs1206 at 10:01 AM on Aug. 24, 2009